Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reciprocity

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Reciprocity

  1. The wife & I just got back from The Niagara Grape & Wine Festival which was outdoors in a park. The odd thing is neither of us drink wine - lol. Had a nice time though walking around looking at all the displays and there was good live entertainment plus a lot of great food offerings. Lovely night tonight too. No wind and perfect temperature. Gotta suck up these last few outdoor events before the snow flies 😞
  2. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -5
  3. Reciprocity commented on mrsguest's blog entry in My Quit
    Post as often as you want to and pics are worth 1,000 words so throw those in as well when ever you feel like it. My mother is turning 99 in Nov. she smoked for a good chunk of her teens through to probably 30ish? She has admitted to me that a few times the thought of; "I should be having a cigarette now!" I think she's just more surprised that it still happens occasionally after all these years. She says it almost jokingly so I know it's not a strong craving to smoke or anything but just some vague, smokey image in her head that still rears up on occasion because despite the almost 60 years she's been quit, she's still a nicotine addict and always will be. Although we can never become no longer addicted to nicotine, the beauty of quitting is that we can and do get out of perpetual withdrawal cycle, which is where we live each and every day that we are smokers. With time invested in our quits, it becomes effortless to remain quit. All that's required is mindfulness that we are still nicotine addicts and must act accordingly N.O.P.E. Putting that awful addiction into a deep sleep gives us a second chance at living life the way it was meant to be lived - free, healthy and a little richer in the wallet
  4. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -3
  5. Glad to hear there's at least some progress in your medical issues and that your brain fog is getting better. All that stuff takes time but at least when you have a clearer idea of what's going on you can make a plan to deal with things and move forward. The circumstances of the death of both your wives is just bizarre. Both passing at the same age and on children's birthdays - wow! Just know this Richard, there's never anything any of us can do to help if a smoker does not fully commit to quitting - it's frustrating I know but it's just the way this addiction works against us. Hold true to your own quit now no matter what Richard. You owe that to yourself and your kids. They have suffered great loss too and will need their Dad to lean on.
  6. Great work Juan. You are really doing this. Don't let anything slow you down
  7. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    1
  8. OK, I'll take #3 cuz I have no idea. And, where is Morgan City anyway? Isn't that in Ohio?
  9. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    2
  10. Communication is always a good thing. Just don't do it when you're on the spin cycle - lol!
  11. Truth be told, I never did anything special for my self really. For me it was the pride in knowing I had put another notch in my quit belt that was most rewarding. I guess if you have a special interest or hobby, spend a little $$ in that direction for something that makes you happy. Or something as insignificant as having a special meal you wouldn't normally have, go to a movie you've wanted to see .... anything that brings you a little joy. A temporary, happy escape from your daily grind.
  12. My wife quit years before I did. I think I respected that fact that she was quitting as much as I could, even though I know I wasn't ready to quit then too. Wouldn't smoke around her or in the car if we were both there etc. It was probably around that time I quit smoking in the house. I suppose I regretted that come winter but hey, we all know that we will do whatever it takes to feed our addiction right? If anything, maybe I was a little jealous that she was doing what deep down inside, I knew I should be doing as well? I think you would be well within your rights to have a frank discussion about this with hubby, at the right time. Tell him how you're feeling. Ask him how he feels about what you are doing? OK .... I'll take off my Dr. Phil hat now 😄
  13. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    3 😬
  14. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    2 💩
  15. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    Your allies are all snoozing OO
  16. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    DN 19 Me 20!!
  17. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    D - 17 Me 18
  18. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    18
  19. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    16
  20. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    14
  21. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    12
  22. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    10
  23. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    8
  24. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    6
  25. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    4

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.