Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

sharonsiff

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sharonsiff

  1. Thank you very much Evelyn. Yes check out POTS..OMG the things I am learning! I get such sore soles of my feet, really hurts-part of it! I can't stand outside sunlight, or bright grey type days, makes my eyes hurt and I feel sick with it-part of it The one though that is something that 'really' needs sorting is the fatigue! I already have a very low blood pressure base anyway and since stopping cigarettes (no longer raising my blood pressure?) The fatigue (which I described as flatness once) is just dreadful. Most days I have to take a 30-45 minute sleep, after work or even on non working days, as I feel so tired I can't even explain it. When most folk stop smoking they speak of this extra energy, I used to think...really?, totally opposite for me as some days my body shuffles around like I'm 80 not only 44. Evelyn, I'm going to crack on with vitamin d and energy drinks as well as loads of water. Our Lucy, thankfully, doesn't get overly fatigued but I am going to get some vitamin d down her too. You know sometimes the chest palpitations were so bad I thought my heart was going to burst out of my chest! Told mum and dad about it all today..long silence...followed by, well yes, when you were young the doctor wanted to put you on tablets but we hoped you'd grow out of it!..mind you, can't blame them as back in the day doctors had a tendency of just chucking folk on tablets for any old thing. It was due to my low blood pressure, sore feet and sensitive eyes that the doctor wanted to put me on tablets. I grew up putting up with it all just thinking it's normal..geeezz. Sorry my post was long Evelyn it's just nice to get it off my chest tbh. My real life friends are dealing with divorce, cancer and a resent job loss..so am not sharing with them, enough on their plate.
  2. Andrew, are you from London or Essex? If London were you born within the Bow Bells area? Which is your favourite localish seaside destination? Do you like pie, mash &liquor or are you more a jellied eels man?
  3. Morning Laura How you getting on?
  4. Although busy as hell today...eventuality will get to have one of these. http://youtu.be/Rv41AgQTlrA
  5. No, I will always live in England-family and friends too big a pull. Hubby, a few years ago, was offered the chance to relocate to Australia-we said no after months of thinking it over, felt wrong. Least favourite chore has got to be cleaning windows, just far too many of them! I used to be a 'woo' but that all changed. Once wrote an article for a skeptic site about my turnaround of thinking (if anyone's interested?) http://www.skepticreport.com/sr/?p=208 Aliens...mmmm...I find it hard to accept that with the vastness of the universe that we are the only living life forms, but that said, I am not yet convinced we have been visited by them.
  6. What Andrew said. You will, over time, find the triggers wind you up less and less. Well done for sticking two fingers up at the trigger.
  7. SOS

    sharonsiff replied to Evelyn's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    You have every right to be proud, you have proved to yourself now that you can do it. Good job Evelyn- shoulders back, head down...crack on ;)
  8. If I win the lottery I'll fly over and we can go and dance together, not very well..but who cares, as long as there's music and room to dance ;) Good choice of food, the pie looks amazing!
  9. Laughing Andrew? I'd be tears streaming down my face laughing. Had my passport phots done last month, nightmare, took 30 mins...the assistant ended up crying laughing with me!
  10. You would have loved her Leanne, no doubt...she loved music too..lol I have no doubt your mum was one in a million too xx Pet Peeve...oh so EASY, my daughters not keeping their rooms up straight and tidy...drives me nuts!!! To be fair though it's likely it really is just me being OCD...just winds me right up...but (deep breath..lol) I have learnt to keep my annoyance to myself. Hard though, very hard ;)
  11. SOS

    sharonsiff replied to Evelyn's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    I know I only caught you for five minutes in chat Evelyn but you hung tough hopefully, Action sorted you out?
  12. Me too! Oh my life, I would be bursting out laughing..lol Good idea though Andrew ;)
  13. Awww, that is a beautiful song Leanne, good choice. If ever I hear it now I will automatically think of you ;) Next question..;) What would you choose as your last ever meal? Oh and do you like to dance?
  14. I would definitely go back to being at school age. Every Friday, after school, I would go to my nannies and sleep the whole weekend. I loved her so very much and I just loved being with her, she was my world really. So any age when I would be at my nannies every weekend, and school holidays. She was the best person I ever met in my whole life.
  15. Perfectly describes us. We took a family holiday back to Tenerife, to show the girls were we met and were it all started 'the Sifford gang' unfortunately the bar is now a ruddy chicken shack...lol..still, we had a fabulous time making new Tenerife memories with the girls.
  16. We met 20 years ago this June Leanne. I had been married before (married my first love but he cheated) so was on holiday, in Tenerife, with my friend Yvonne. Met him in a bar called Bonkers bar, how ironic that we both are..lol So it was a holiday romance that carried on and I moved from up north, to down south so we could live happily ever after.
  17. Oh my life, this is sooooo hard Leanne..lol it would have to be this one. It takes me back to a time when all my grandparents were still alive, I was 19 and life was very exciting and this used be played a lot at home and at family parties and it became the family, everyone sing and dance to it, song. http://youtu.be/-m3VFmc4y5U
  18. Favourite place has got to be St Luica, just gorgeous! Lee and I married there so it is a very special place to me. I am very much hoping to go to Thailand in a few years. The food, the sites and the atmosphere excite me just thinking about it.
  19. The Avatar: on holiday, in Tenerife. I am not overly keen on having my photo taken so my friend, Lisa, was making me laugh saying 'say cheese' & ' lights camera action' As you can see I just burst out laughing. Fabulous holiday, loved it. Crazy thing: hubby and I are like two silly teenagers when our actual teenagers aren't around saying 'stop showing us up!' So it would be last week, the two of us, messing around playing a mini game of hide and seek in the isels of the supermarket. Skinny dippy: yes, but not in the UK as the sea is freezing cold.
  20. I would go for 'cockney' pie, mash and liquor Colleen.
  21. What's one of your 'to do' dreams?
  22. If you want to of course ;)
  23. If you had to pick one favourite song which would you choose? Do you and hubby plan to have children in the future? When did you realise 'he was the one' for you?
  24. One song, you can only pick one....which isvyour favourite ever song and why?
  25. Are you a WDW fan Babs? If yes which is your favourite park and ride.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.