Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

johnny5

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by johnny5

  1. NOPE!
  2. Congratulations on 3 years smoke free @QuittingGirl and thanks for the great job you are doing as moderator. Celebrate today
  3. NOPE - Not One Puff Ever
  4. Hey Shy and welcome to QuitTrain. Congrats on quitting weed and alcohol, although I can say from personal experience is to stay vigilant in your quit from those. Quitting smoking cigarettes is a great decision, You accomplished a lot. I can't speak for certain mental illnesses but please use the search function on this site to look for help with different issues. You can quit nicotine. It is tough but your life and health will be so much better.
  5. NOPE!
  6. NOPE!
  7. NOPE!
  8. NOPE!
  9. Cohgratulations Lars. You are doing great.
  10. NOPE!
  11. NOPE!
  12. NOPE!
  13. NOPE!
  14. I definitely miss Jill too. She was a great person who helped many. Rest in peace. 😞
  15. NOPE!
  16. NOPE!
  17. Not trying to be negative but when you get to where I assume all of us were at one point, smoking for years and being addicted to nicotine (whether we admit it or not), we are all nicotine addicts. My last few years as a smoker, I made multiple attempts to quit. Some quits lasted a few days, some a few weeks, but ultimately I kept fooling myself into thinking that one cigarette wouldn't hurt. Everytime I lit back up, it would take me a while to attempt a quit again because the addiction to nicotine was re-awakened. I now know that I am a nicotine addict and will be until my last day of life. That addiction is dormant now and, over time, has really became something that really didn't tempt me anymore. But I understand now that I CAN NEVER SMOKE AGAIN. If I do, it will re-awaken the addiction and I will be back to where I was on the day I smoked my last cigarette. I hated hearing this from non-smokers when I smoked but the key to quitting smoking is not smoking. Everytime you light up, it re-awakens the addiction. You can do this but you have to make smoking NOT an option.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.