Everything posted by El Bandito
-
3 months for SanDar!
Sandy - sometimes I amaze myself with how late I am...must nearly be four months now! Congratulations!
-
SoberJulie is celebrating 9 months free!!!!
Great work Jooooooolz
- chicks or sticks
-
1 Asthma puff less makes me trouble breathing
Hey Evelyn Questions for your Docs I think - but it is early days yet. The lungs do start healing the second that we stop - but it takes time to undo the damage that we did. I am guessing that there are also other factors involved with your condition too! The fact is, you are doing brilliantly well and each day that you do not smoke - is improving things in many different ways. Well done you!
- chicks or sticks
-
WK/46 Group Discussion - How To Recognize If You're Romanticizing The Cigarette
My 'romancing' has evolved. It used to be about all of the things above. Then it became an irrational want, even an ache. It was almost as though the junkie knew it could not win a rational argument, so tried something else. Still occasionally the image of sitting on a sunny terrace somewhere, overlooking the beach with a drink and a cigarette comes to mind as 'on holiday' and this appeals. All I then do is roll forward the day in my mind; stepping out of the romantic meal to get my fix. Using mouthwash to freshen my breath, being out of puff as I climb the stairs back to the room....these realities soon chase the picture away.
-
Gabby has FIVE Months Free !
Great work Gabby! Congratulations!
-
week 3-4
Hey Jess, hopefully your MD can point you in the right direction... Perhaps have a chat to him about coming off the Meds entirely. 29 days indicates that you have beaten the physical side. You are doing really well. You have done this. Keep on rolling, and keep shouting out. That's what we are here for!
-
Monday 10th NOPE
'Allo 'Allo Good moaning Listen carefully I shall say this only once... NOPE
- chicks or sticks
- chicks or sticks
-
We Will Remember Them
I was lucky enough to go visit this last week. Stunning. To 'hear' such silence in the heart of the city was quite spooky. Over 4 million people have visited over the last few weeks.
-
We Will Remember Them
For the Fallen With proud thanksgiving, a mother for her children, England mourns for her dead across the sea. Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit, Fallen in the cause of the free. Solemn the drums thrill: Death august and royal Sings sorrow up into immortal spheres. There is music in the midst of desolation And a glory that shines upon our tears. They went with songs to the battle, they were young, Straight of limb, true of eye, steady and aglow. They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted, They fell with their faces to the foe. They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old: Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning We will remember them. They mingle not with their laughing comrades again; They sit no more at familiar tables of home; They have no lot in our labour of the day-time; They sleep beyond England's foam. But where our desires are and our hopes profound, Felt as a well-spring that is hidden from sight, To the innermost heart of their own land they are known As the stars are known to the Night; As the stars that shall be bright when we are dust, Moving in marches upon the heavenly plain, As the stars that are starry in the time of our darkness, To the end, to the end, they remain. Robert Laurence Binyon 1914
-
week 3-4
Jess - at the end of my first month, I had a kind of head fog - where I seemed to be living in slow motion. Sometimes I ached, I mean ached for a cigarette. A couple of things that really helped; 1. Moving. I am far from an athlete - but I used to get up and walk. 2. Getting stuck into something - cooking, cleaning, anything just to keep me blank. Great idea talking to the Doc - Chantix and Zyban - I know nothing of so can't help you there Keep going Jess - 29 days is brilliant - and you have beaten the worse now!
- chicks or sticks
-
Fearing the Crave
The craves! The craves are the signal that you have triumphed over the addiction. The crave comes because you have refused to smoke. You ignore it and it goes away. It comes less and less. Welcome the crave - it means you are getting it done.
-
week 3-4
Get your backside back on this thread Jess! Talk me through it.. Let's beat this puppy crave off.
-
week 3-4
28 days and 23 hours since you quit..lets call it 29 days. Your blood pressure will have normalised. The nicotine is long gone from your system. You no longer smell like an ashtray. Your teeth will be better. Your gums will be better. Your breath does not resemble a dragon any more. Your skin will be better. Your eyes are brighter. You have more money in your pocket. You ARE not losing Jess. YOU ALREADY WON! Sometimes, your mind will start telling you that you want a cigarette...ask it some questions... What particular bit of a smoke do you want? The taste? the smell? The catch in your throat? Which bit? You don't really want a smoke Jess. 29 Days is fantastic - you are doing an awesome job - you have pushed through the toughest bits. It is getting better and better! It will continue to do so!
-
week 3-4
Yep. You can just say that! what in particular is sucking today Jess?
-
CProfits has 1 week free!
'Atta Girl Geri! Congratulations.
-
I was weak yesterday but had a strong neighbor! And I'm back on my feet.
Great work Evelyn. Well done.
- chicks or sticks
-
Sunday 9th NOPE
NOPE Lest we forget.
- chicks or sticks
- chicks or sticks