Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

queen greenlover

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by queen greenlover

  1. Its tues. May 6, I'm NOT planning on throwing away my over 2 yr quit for any lame@ss reason today. I know you want to join me on pledging not to be stupid today. So everyone JUMP on board this tues. quit train. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :good3: :good3:
  2. queen greenlover replied to Jenny's topic in Socializing
    Its very hard o let go of people who you have a kinship with but as long as the person is leaving cause they are ready to spread their wings and fly its not so sad. I'd rather see people leave who have their "shit" together then those leaving cause they can't committ to their quit & leave in a huff. :i-m_so_happy:
  3. Sure I think about "having one" but I know for me theirs no such thing as one. Then I think of all the good things I now enjoy so much-singing, not using an inhaler daily, hearing my dr say how clear my lungs sound. Smelling stuff & being able to walk home faster & not be short of breath. So many good reasons to NOT lite up. :D :rolleyes:
  4. Ok, grumpy cat I won't smoke today-now smile you crabcat. :yahoo: :yahoo:
  5. You are so right Jonny-UNTIL you REALLY want to do it won't happen by wishing,praying or hoping. Their IS no magic wand either. Trust me after my heart attack I PRAYED every day that I would wake up & NOT have any desire to smoke. Then I hoped after I got stents 2 & 3 that my Dr. would see how unhappy I was cause HE was making me give up my best friend. I tried all sorts of methods & joined a few quit sites & would pi** & moan how unfair it was that I had to quit. I would make half hearted attempts & like Suz/Rainforest pointed out especially when I had to see the dr I would "try" to quit. Well it took almost 2 yrs of half@ss trying before I went almost 11 months & felt sooooooooooooo good I rewarded myself with a few wks of smoking. Finally on dec.4,2011 I finally accepted the fact that I either better quit or smoke myself into another heart attack. But yeah until you accept that whole NOPE thing you will struggle & be pissy & so the sooner you realize you're only killing yourself the sooner you'll find peace etc for quitting. :yahoo: :thank_you2: :dance4:
  6. 6 yrs WOW. Thanks for being part of that core group that helped me to find my quit path. So glad you found yours 6 yrs ago & you are still guiding people. :yahoo: :yahoo:
  7. Please stay.....I think staying & letting us "hold your hand" might be what you need to stay smoke free. Yes do what you feel works for you but think about hanging around ok?? Support cam be a life-saver.
  8. I'm thinking of getting some audio books, I figure that would make my nite less boring while scrubbing a toilet, plus for walking home in the morning. :yes3:
  9. I know some who think like me were very leery about joining this place, after all "no one" can change & be nice & not snotty/snarky 24/7 right?? I will admit that I can be a real "B" if I feel picked on or whatever & when I saw who all were the mods I thought I just got booted from 1 site & the "same" people from there are here & running the show. But so many talked to me & promised that this place is a new beginning for ANYONE willing to start over & play nice. After all if down the road things take a nosedive you can always move on or whatever. So now after a month I'm glad I trusted my friends & came here. Thanks for welcoming anyone who wants to come here with open arms. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :angel: :angel: :heart:
  10. I can understand moving on. Yes you will be missed but each of us knows deep down when its time to cut the cord. Take care of yourself.
  11. Yay & thanks :rolleyes: :aggressive: :wacko2: :heart: :dash2: :laugh1: what a blast.
  12. Please someone post "Beth" by Kiss-thanks :D :D :D :D
  13. Good going on 3 days free. I swear their will be times when you will be tempted "to blow it" come here & ask for help-better to say you're in a bad way then blow a good quit.
  14. queen greenlover commented on Colleen's blog entry in Colleen's Blog
    It sure isn't fun to have & until it happens to YOU and you realize what you lost because you were sucking on cigs you have no idea how scary this can be.
  15. Thankyou for the super kind/supportive posts, For sure Markus & others if I was vaping or puffing STILL I'm sure I would have clogged arteries yet again. You guys are great. :D
  16. As much as Drs make you think your life is over if you have a heart attack well I guess thats not true. I had one 5 yrs ago today, still working on some health issues but at least I'm smoke free which I sure wasn't back then, trust me because I was having trouble smoking was one of the reasons why I went to the ER. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  17. Fricken stupid people!!!! they wait till today to tell me what they want me to do to the M other fu cking hallway for some all day event on sat. with 120+ girls. It would of been nice to be told this earlier in the week INSTEAD of setting up & then BI tching over the salt etc behind chairs. I swear after 12 yrs they must think God directs me on guessing what they want. This will be a very crappy 2 days here. :angry: :angry: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  18. I swear some ******* people just have to stir the pot................ :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  19. Why have a foe or ignore button-can't YOU see a name on a POST & scroll on or whatever????????? I do that alot. Ignoring people is a great way not to get your panties in a bunch...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  20. Well besides breathing without inhalers pretty much, and being able to sing better theirs smelling stuff. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  21. Maybe someone should use a "Barney" avator............. :o :rolleyes:
  22. Thats why I came here. :rolleyes:
  23. I promise not to use the "C" word but the "F & B" ones will be used. :rolleyes:
  24. And for those women alone........yes it makes "private" fun time great. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.