Newbies..so you fell of the train !!

Doreensfree

It doesn't mean ,you carnt get right back on...your not a happy smoker..because you came and sat on the train with us quitters...

Don't be another stasitic the tobacco companies have already murdered..they don't care...

We do...

Get back on ...now....

• Like 5

So, you fell off.  So what?  Dust yourself off and hop back on and make a firm commitment to yourself that you will never, ever take another puff!!!

Don't Let A Slip Put You Back To Using

Video stresses the importance of drawing a clear line in the sand regarding the issue of whether or not to take a puff. Another alternate title for for this video could have been "should I reset my quit meter?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cfxzB804S4&index=3&list=PL4F05C03D0F9B86DB

• Like 1

Nobody "falls off", mmm-kay?

We step right up to the door and willingly jump out. Of our own free will. Voluntarily. With full knowledge of what we are doing.

But ... Yeah. Get your ass back on board, right?

Easy Peasy

• Like 4

^^^   Yes, it's a choice that we all make individually. To smoke or not to smoke and, I suppose we make that choice based on our perceived benefits of that choice we have made. That's why education about the addiction aspect of smoking is so critical for those of us who choose not to smoke.

• Like 2

Ive been through so much this year and im still reaching the lido deck. Victory is possible. But beware, this addiction will linger for very long and you have to deny smoking. Just today i came out of a stressful 2 hour presentation and saw a woman smoking and i swear i could eat that cigarrete in a moment. Fast thought, easily squashed. I believe i will never be totally indifferent to smoking and have to watch my back for some years.

• Like 4

Recently had a close call when I was out on a business trip.

Drove 370 miles, did some high stress IT stuff and then drove back.

The hours, the boredom \ freedom of the open road, and being off by myself.

Didn't help that one of our contractors on-site was a smoker.

But then I realized it would just make me dizzy while trying to concentrate on technical stuff.

And really, once I burned one what would it have accomplished?  I'd either have to quit all over 

again or start buying my own.  

The cost, the smell, the disease, the loss of control versus a moment's impulse...thuck fat!  

I stuck with coffee and a stick of gum and felt sorry for the contractor.

• Like 3

Does it ever go? Does it ever become very very easy? I am 18 maths nearly and I still have temptation and a few times I have seriously considered smoking. I didn't do it. But even that I thought about it upsets me. I've already gained the 'extra 10lbs' so if I smoked id just be an even fatter smoker and more miserable. So why consider it?

• Like 1

Yes, even my wife who quit many, many years ago admits she occasionally has an urge to have a smoke but, it's nothing like the stronger urges we get when we first quit or I suspect the occasional urges you get PP. She gets more of just a passing thought than an actual urge to light one up so it does get easier even years after we quit. The progression is so slow that we can't really even perceive it's happening but it does. Will our minds ever be like a lifetime non-smoker - no but we can get to a pretty comfortable place I think :)

My mum quit over 30 years ago and she's always said she could still smoke easily but I think as Sirius says, it seems more the memory of craving. My Dad however, despite being quit 15 years I do believe could easily start again but then I watched him struggle for years to quit. I have even seen him smoke a cigarette a couple times since he officially quit though always only 1 when he's had a couple to drink and not for years now. Now on here, they may mean he would have to restart the count but either way, he remains a non smoker. I can't wait to be 15 years. Maybe then I won't even think of it!

Ooh dry mouth. I remember that. Sometimes smoking would put my teeth on edge, like nails on a blackboard, and that was when it would give me dry mouth.

And the feeling a bit of tobacco was caught in your throat. Despite the face the filter makes that impossible. I hated that feeling.

Does it ever go? Does it ever become very very easy? I am 18 maths nearly and I still have temptation and a few times I have seriously considered smoking. I didn't do it. But even that I thought about it upsets me. I've already gained the 'extra 10lbs' so if I smoked id just be an even fatter smoker and more miserable. So why consider it?

It does.

Easy Peasy