November 18, 20169 yr Never doubt.. If your here..its because you deep down want to quit... My story.. My hubs and I smoked our way through 52 years together..but it came with a big price... End stage emphysema.. It's took hubs roughly 15 years to reachy this..he now spends 16 hrs of every day on a oxygen machine..with full time care... You would think ,I would have quit then..no...I didn't quit till 3 years ago... My junkie brain was telling me..I'm OK..nothing wrong with my lungs.. This was true...but something else was happening to me verty slowly..I was clotting the blood flow to my feet...my ankles were had black bruises appearing... I spent the last week smoking with tears running ..I knew my time had run out... After a trip to the docs..with a warning...if you quit NOW...you might be lucky.. And not have your feet amputated..I need help... I found this family of quitters..they helped me every step of the way..they willed me on to succeed..which I did..and saved the feet too... It's never too late..if you want to quit..we can get you there..you and us...a team... Don't risk leaving it too late..the train is at your station ..right now...so you have been aboard once and jumped off...just get back on... Do the best thing ,you can ever do for yourself....quit..the poison sticks...x
November 18, 20169 yr Worth reading the post above again folks... It is serious. You can't hide. BUT YOU CAN DO IT... Stick around here. You can do it. You can quit and save your own life.
November 18, 20169 yr Addiction is a deceiver, a mighty, mighty deceiver. I denied that I could/would become ill and die from smoking even when I saw that happen to others. The truth is startling and, well, TRUE. To quit, one must face up to reality and accept truth. This is another supreme benefit of quitting. YOU are more powerful than addiction, make no mistake. Gather your resolve, commit to Not One Puff Ever and begin to honor your life and your family's life...
November 18, 20169 yr "A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance." --Hunter S. Thompson I remember before quitting thinking to myself: I'm in pretty good shape...for now. It's that last part that troubles me. I knew I was playing a sort of Russian Roulette with my health, but I let the addiction control me for years before quitting. Now's not a good time. I'll quit on Monday...screw that I'll quit in the middle of the week. Stuff happened, I'll quit this weekend. Forget that, I don't want to be miserable all weekend. I know...I'll quit on Monday. That hamster wheel just kept on spinning. Then I finally did it and now my only regret is not doing it much sooner. If you're still smoking or fell off the wagon please hear us out: you can quit. It does not require any superhuman strength or a particular skill set. With commitment and education you can set yourself free and the return on your investment will amaze you in time. Go forth and be free.
November 18, 20169 yr Quit now dummy Post for a year to educate yourself After the year I will quit calling you dummy
November 19, 20169 yr Author Why wait...until you have a illness.. Emphysema... No cure.... Lung cancer...scares the hell out of me... Quit while your ahead..and enjoy a wonderful smoke free life..I only wish too,I had done it decades ago.. I have more energy now..than twenty years ago.. Don't over think ...just quit today...and never look back... It's all good from then on.... The benefits...just keep on coming...3 years later..I'm still finding new ways .to embrace the new me...
November 20, 20169 yr I think I am one of those . I guess we all just have to give the site a chance . I know I have posted some blog entries and checked in on occassion to the nope page but I have seldom come to the main threads . I have found that at first glance it was difficult to find the current posts. I need to familiarize myself a bit better with the site and with people here and try and post more often. Quitting smoking is important. Being proactive was important for my quit .
November 21, 20169 yr Author A good place to start for newbies is..the introduce yourself thread.. This way they will get a great welcome..and all useful info... But it doesn't really matter..we will find the newbies ..no matter where they post..x
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.