Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Big Sky Country

Featured Replies

The last time I went absent for a few days, a search party thread was started.  It had loon calls and everything.  I'm heading out to Montana tomorrow.  I'll be in the backcountry and off the grid for a few days so I won't be around much over the next week.

 

Put the lure calls on hold and tell that big girl on the motorcycle she can sit this one out.  I'm not going AWOL and most certainly not going back to smoking.

 

Take it easy.

The last time I went absent for a few days, a search party thread was started.  It had loon calls and everything.  I'm heading out to Montana tomorrow.  I'll be in the backcountry and off the grid for a few days so I won't be around much over the next week.

 

Put the lure calls on hold and tell that big girl on the motorcycle she can sit this one out.  I'm not going AWOL and most certainly not going back to smoking.

 

Take it easy.

I'll never judge you

brokeback-mountain.11162.jpg
  • Author

Have a great time little boo boo..see you soon...safe travels...

 

Thank you much Doreen.

 

I'll never judge you

 

Sonic, I wish I knew how to quit you.

 

and should Mister Moose be concerned ?

 

The moose are in rut this time of the year.  

 

Damn!  Between horny moose and gay cowboys, you folks have given me a lot to think about.

Big Sky country ?  Hardly !  Off The Grid ?  Not so much.

 This is where Boo is.

I been across Montana and that is a dumb place to go trick or treating. Houses are miles apart. You will be lucky to hit two before the street lights turn on.

No swamps in Montana

 

No women either.

  • Author

So...there I was.  Madison River.  Early afternoon.  Overcast sky.  An epic hatch broke out that looked like something from the Book of Revelation.  I was throwing a blue-winged olive and then...BANG!  A big ol' brown hits it hard.  He was about 46 inches long.  Jumped 20 feet in the air when I hooked him.  I ran about 8 miles down the river.  It took me 15 hours to land him.  *(eyewitness accounts may vary)

 

Stay tuned for more Boo's almost bullshit free Big Sky tales of adventure.  Think A River Runs Through It meets Animal House.  Any exaggerations are strictly for anecdotal purposes.

I used to fish. Trout was my best. Never kept them. Quit years ago and just gave all the equipment to my son this summer. Think one reason I quit is I really only like fish sticks and never caught any

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.