Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Training for 10k

Featured Replies

When I quit smoking in 2014 I would have never thought that I could run for a minute nevermind 60 mins!

 

To be honest when I started the 5k program I couldn't run for a minute, well, no that's not quite right. I did run for 8 mins in 1 minute intro's, but it killed me. I was so unfit!

 

Anyway, I have finished the 5k program. I have managed to run 5k in sub 30 minutes. So my next target will be 10k.

 

I am still pinching myself that I'm doing this, and that you can change your fitness that quickly. So far my furthest run is 7.5k in 51.5 minutes it may not be the quickest but I keep looking at my app. I have run 33k this month, since the first of September. 14.5 was run this week and all this been done in 4 1/2 months.

 

The reason for this post is to hopefully show people that you can change your life for the better, quitting smoking can just be the start. Go on give it ago! What do you have to lose.

This is so cool, Sunnyside.  Congratulations !  :D

When I quit smoking in 2014 I would have never thought that I could run for a minute nevermind 60 mins!

 

To be honest when I started the 5k program I couldn't run for a minute, well, no that's not quite right. I did run for 8 mins in 1 minute intro's, but it killed me. I was so unfit!

 

Anyway, I have finished the 5k program. I have managed to run 5k in sub 30 minutes. So my next target will be 10k.

 

I am still pinching myself that I'm doing this, and that you can change your fitness that quickly. So far my furthest run is 7.5k in 51.5 minutes it may not be the quickest but I keep looking at my app. I have run 33k this month, since the first of September. 14.5 was run this week and all this been done in 4 1/2 months.

 

The reason for this post is to hopefully show people that you can change your life for the better, quitting smoking can just be the start. Go on give it ago! What do you have to lose.

Awesome!!!  You are true inspiration to all...thank you!

Awesome job Sunnyside.  Great message as well: change is always an option.

  • Author

Thank you guys, sorry I don't post some much anymore. This is taking over my free time now. But I do still read and look in from afar.

 

You guy are all awesome by the way ;)

Sarge loves you.

 

And all runners.

 

 

 

Easy Peasy

  • 2 weeks later...

Did my first official 10k yesterday. 61 min.

And I didn't even really have time to train. Things are just easier as a non smoker.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.