Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hello everyone

Featured Replies

Regrettably, I have once again faltered. I probably should have attempted an SOS or something. This thick brain fog set in and I couldn't get any of my work done, and after a few hours of zero productivity, I panicked, afraid it would never clear. I'm obviously not taking this threat seriously enough, and this is simply another excuse on a road that's bound to be difficult, and, scary at times. Still, as a result of this community, I have never been closer to taking the next step. Thanks

So sorry to read this.  You can do this Corey, but there is some discomfort that has to be dealt with.  The only way out is through.  You will have to make up your mind that it is never okay to smoke.  Quitting will not kill you, but the alternative surely will.

 

Hope to see you back with a new quit very soon!!

Corey..I am very saddened to read this...this is a killer addiction.. And I feel I have to do my very best to put you back on the train..if you havnt read Allan Carr the easy way... I beg you to do so..asap...this book has helped millions including me.

I smoked 52 years..can you imagine my brain fog...it was that thick I was just fumbling about...

The train and the folks here..got me through it..they will get you through it too..you have to give it your best shot.

You have spent time with us...you know we want you to succeed..and not slowly kill yourself...

You can do it...if I can do it you can...

Jump back on....

Corey, the ladies have already given great advice so I don't have much to add.  That brain fog is something we all dealt with in the early days of our quits.  That fog, it clears.  Not only will the fog clear, eventually you will have a eureka moment and this entire process will make a lot more sense.

 

The rewards of quitting make all the challenges worth it and then some.  Do this for yourself Corey, you will not regret it.

Well.  OK.  That happened.  Would probably be really good if you'd take a deep breath, shake it off and jump back on the train before you sink too far back into the addiction.  We're here whatever you decide...-1, -2, -3, -4,.....-20...winners!  ;)

2 hours quit, protect this quit and never let yourself take another puff.  No matter how hard you think it is to stay quit, I guarantee trying to breathe with emphysema is far worse.  You can quit and I believe that you will.  Stick around here and read the posts, articles, blogs and watch the many videos from Joel.  Don't ever give up...or give in!

 

This thread of videos will be a great place for you to start. :)

 

http://www.quittrain.com/topic/4754-videos-addressing-relapse-prevention/

The most important thing now is to get right back on your quit!  You can't change the past but you are in complete control of your future.  All of the uncomfortable symptoms of quitting will pass, in time.  I promise you that.  I remember thinking I would never feel "normal" again.   It gets better, slowly, but it does get better as long as you never take another puff.  That's the key.  If you don't feed the monster it will go to sleep.  Keep at it and let us know what you need.  We want to help.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.