Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My Big Announcement

Featured Replies

Wow leanna..you look fabuluuusss...all mummsie....

Sounds like you are going to have a fair size healthy boy...not long now.....

Every new mum is anxious the first time..being responsible for this tiny person can be scarey...

You'll do fine..mother instincts just kick in...

Your nursey is gawgusss....he is a lucky little boy....

Take care sweetheart...

We will wait for pic,s of our handsome prince...

Xxxxxx

  • Replies 165
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Had my ultrasound today. :) The baby is perfect! Two legs, two arms, a strong heartbeat, and very active. :D She/he is due November 16th!  

  • Thank you so much! :wub:   I saw my obstetrician today. She almost gave me a panic attack! She couldn't find the heartbeat at first and was saying how she might have to send me to ultrasound. No, th

  • Baby update!   I saw my obstetrician today. I'm 19 weeks. :) I ended up having an impromptu ultrasound. I had called earlier to check, but the receptionist told me I just had a regular check-up. Tur

Hello beautiful Mommy !

I am so happy to see you and your little beastie boy.

Don't worry about a thing.  You will be a great Mom and Steve will be a great Dad.

I will be thinking of you a lot in the next 9 days, try and get some rest.

Love,

S

So excited for you, Leanna!!

You and baby boy will do great!  All the best in the days ahead.  So exciting!

Getting close!...

 

Any day now! ..

  • Author

Wow leanna..you look fabuluuusss...all mummsie....

Sounds like you are going to have a fair size healthy boy...not long now.....

Every new mum is anxious the first time..being responsible for this tiny person can be scarey...

You'll do fine..mother instincts just kick in...

Your nursey is gawgusss....he is a lucky little boy....

Take care sweetheart...

We will wait for pic,s of our handsome prince...

Xxxxxx

 

Thank you!  :wub:

He seems to be a very healthy boy, which makes me so happy! I spent so much of my pregnancy worried about him, his progress, and our health, but we're both doing well. I couldn't ask for anything more. Now I just wait (impatiently) for his arrival.  :D xxxxx

  • Author

Thank you everyone!  :wub:

 

I had an appointment yesterday. No contractions in sight (boo), but they were able to record his movements on the monitors without any prompting. He was very active! I am 39 weeks today and am only 1 cm dilated. They are starting to push an induction and have mentioned a balloon catheter for next week to speed things up. I want to wait until I am at least 40 weeks before making the decision to induce, so fingers crossed I go into labour before then. I know statistically though, most first-time moms go overdue. I have started to "naturally" try to induce him, so we'll see how that goes. 

 

The doctor is back to being concerned about my blood pressure, even though it's fine and there's nothing in my blood work to indicate otherwise. She has started me on high blood pressure pills and I had to repeat the same blood work I did last week. Baby's size is a bit concerning as well. 

 

I came home from my appointment and had a bit of a meltdown. I feel like I am losing my mind because I was so sure I was getting contractions the other night. Hormones are all over the place these days and I'm just tired of being pregnant. It's been such a long journey and I just want him here so I can take care of him and know he's safe. 

 

Here's a few pictures of some of the stuff I have received for my little guy. I can't tell you how generous people have been and I can't believe how talented they are!

 

14906932_10154290581498423_7715850225940

 

14900564_10154281302288423_8322487561293

 

My dad also gave me my mom's chair. It just needs to be repainted. It will be lovely to have something that belonged to her in the nursery.

 

14716246_10154268871108423_3923923336001

Leanna sweetheart..I love your foxy little person stuff..perfect...

Doctors ...they stress us out for nothing....your heathy..babe is healthy...

My first came early...but mostly they do like to stay all snuggly for longer..

Nature will take it course...warm baths... Gentle walks...may help...

Take care of yourself sweetie..and that precious cargo...

Xxxx

Great to see all these updates. All the things you are saying bring back memories of Tasha last year - sounds like you are now at the 'fed-up of being pregnant' stage that I suppose most mothers get (Tasha was like it at the end).

 

Do you like Pineapple? We think eating lots of Pineapple was what triggered Tasha's labour, which was 3 days over the due date. Most of our other first time mother friends went into labour early with girls, and late with boys :fabulous:

  • Author

Leanna sweetheart..I love your foxy little person stuff..perfect...

Doctors ...they stress us out for nothing....your heathy..babe is healthy...

My first came early...but mostly they do like to stay all snuggly for longer..

Nature will take it course...warm baths... Gentle walks...may help...

Take care of yourself sweetie..and that precious cargo...

Xxxx

Isn't that the truth? I feel like doctors live to fear monger. I was telling Steve's mom that I think my OB is mixing me up with another patient of hers because I have had a textbook pregnancy so far, aside from blood pressure issues at the start. She seems to be confusing me with someone else as my blood work always comes back squeaky clean. The nurse even said to me yesterday, "Wow, your blood work is fantastic! Your red blood count is great and there's no protein in your urine. Everything looks wonderful."

 

Sigh, lol. This is why I hate going to the doctors office.

 

I'm definitely taking a bath almost nightly at this point. I was planning on doing some cleaning today, but have been feeling pretty crampy all night. I will be taking a walk later on this afternoon though. :) Hopefully I can convince my boy to make his appearance soon. I keep telling him I want to meet him!

 

Thanks for your kind words Doreen.  :wub: I can't wait to share pictures of him with you! xxxxx

  • Author

Great to see all these updates. All the things you are saying bring back memories of Tasha last year - sounds like you are now at the 'fed-up of being pregnant' stage that I suppose most mothers get (Tasha was like it at the end).

 

Do you like Pineapple? We think eating lots of Pineapple was what triggered Tasha's labour, which was 3 days over the due date. Most of our other first time mother friends went into labour early with girls, and late with boys :fabulous:

Thanks Ross! I'm definitely at the fed-up stage now, lol. It's been a long journey -- 39 weeks is a long time. I'm at the point where sleeping is a thing of the past and I just miss being comfortable. The worry early on was that I'd go into preterm labour, but that's no longer a concern since he is fully developed. Now it's just a waiting game.

 

I do like pineapple, so I'll definitely try that! I'll basically try anything right now to get this show on the road. :)

  • Author

Hey everyone,

 

Just an update on this. I saw my OB yesterday and she has determined the next best step would be to induce me. My blood pressure has spiked once again, despite being on blood pressure pills, which can cause some serious complications (pre-eclampsia). So as of yesterday, I am officially on the induction list and could be induced as early as today. I'm waiting for the phone call from the hospital and haven't slept much. I'm not going to lie, I'm so scared... but I should have my baby in my arms before the weekend, so I'm excited about that!

 

He's measuring in at 9 pounds, 5 ounces, so he's a big boy. He was very cooperative yesterday and scored an 8 out of 8 on the movement test. His heart beat is nice and strong at 169 BPM. :wub: I'm hoping I will be able to share pictures soon!

Aww leanna...not long now ..it will all be over.. And you will be holding that beautiful heathly son...

You can do it...you quit smoking..your a strong young lady...

I wish you very well sweetheart...and hope to see a pic on here very soon..

Love to you all xxxxx

  • Author

Aww leanna...not long now ..it will all be over.. And you will be holding that beautiful heathly son...

You can do it...you quit smoking..your a strong young lady...

I wish you very well sweetheart...and hope to see a pic on here very soon..

Love to you all xxxxx

Thank you Doreen! I didn't receive a call from the hospital yesterday, so I'm guessing they were too busy to induce me. That's okay, the nurse said I should expect to receive a call in 48 hours.

 

I've gotten about three hours of sleep and I think my body might be going into labour naturally (knock on wood). So much for getting a good night's sleep! I am too anxious.

Thoughts and prayers with you and that beautiful baby boy!

Hope everything is going well Leanna :good:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.