Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

call me old.... or old school .. ;)

Featured Replies

I guess when you put all your eggs in one basket it's bound to happen.

 

I have my home phone,internet service,and TV all through AT&T u-verse.

 

when I wake up this morning I find that nothing in my house works. It seems my modem.....or gateway,has gone bad. but I think no problem I will call AT&T and they will send a technician out to fix it ASAP. I mean after all they do have great service right?

 

WRONG!!!

 

what I get instead is someone telling me they will send me a new modem in the mail.(I assume that means UPS?).. they will send it out for delivery in the next 2 or 3 days. Add in a few days of transit and how long am I going to be without service?.

 

and then I get to package my old modem up and ship it back to them so that I don't get charged for it.I asked the guy on the other end of the phone "at what point does AT&T provide the service.... not me?" I got a little sarcastic with him and ask that "as long as he had me on the phone if there was anyone else in the neighborhood with problems that I could go around and take care of for them?"

 

I mean, my at&t bill runs over $200 per month and I see AT&T vans running all over town. I would think one of them would have a modem in the back and that they could stop by and install in a matter of minutes. I guess they're too busy signing up new customers instead of keeping the old ones happy.

 

ok...rant over. I guess for the next few days my entertainment will be my little smart phone. Lol

 

I will add a little disclaimer to the end of this. Posting from my smart phone is a real pain. I have fat fingers and the phone has little keys. I generally use talk to text so if there is any confusion on what I say blame it on that. Lol

I believe that I have read about AT&T's service online a while ago, sorry that you had to experience it! My question is, how would the help desk be able to figure out what is causing the outage, and whether the issue really requires a hardware replacement?

 

I don't know how your network device is configured, however I'd suggest you try resetting the router and/or modem to see if that restores the service. Worth a try, considering they are not doing anything to resolve the issue in a timely manner.

Joe you are old

 

Haha only kidding :)

 

Rez and his mum have had horrendous problems with at&t all due to bad communication which is ironic really lol

  • Author

I believe that I have read about AT&T's service online a while ago, sorry that you had to experience it! My question is, how would the help desk be able to figure out what is causing the outage, and whether the issue really requires a hardware replacement?

I don't know how your network device is configured, however I'd suggest you try resetting the router and/or modem to see if that restores the service. Worth a try, considering they are not doing anything to resolve the issue in a timely manner.

First DW... I totally agree with you...

My offshore cal center buddy (who's accent made him impossible to understand) had me go completely through their trouble shooting/resetting procedure.

I am an electrician and run all the hard wire/cabling for our IT dept. So I am pretty versed in my home network... I did everything he suggested before I called him so, I already figured it was an equipment problem... What I didn't figure is they won't send anyone to fix it, but instead send ME the part to replace..... Whether or not I CAN fix it isn't the issue... I pay good money (is there really BAD money! Lol) for a service they then provide... That's why the title of this post... I guess I AM old (Trace . ;) ) because it used to be customer service was a priority ...now signing up as many customers as they can is Job 1

Nothing better than Jonny Iranian on the other end asking for my password and giving me hints to access an account not working right.

Wow Joe that is unreal and unfortunately what the state of customer service is today. :( 

Wow Joe that is unreal and unfortunately what the state of customer service is today. :(

Yup

zMqrIV3.png

Modern society sucks. By the way, comcast is no better

No one cares about losing an individual's business. They don't care if you are not happy. Damn shame, the state of things.

Modern society sucks. By the way, comcast is no better

My blood pressure would go up by 50 when I even dialed the number to that craptacular company. I hate them. 

I pay AT&T U-verse way too much money for them to treat me bad ... Sarc  :P

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.