running

babs609

Have you all read BORN TO RUN????

Any and every runner should read it.

I went from having only ever done 4 milers to DOING HALF MARATHONS...just because of that book!!!!

Amazing.

i am getting it!!!  I read so many reviews that described me..saying they couldn't run past 3 miles...until they read the book.  Getting it tonight!  Thanks TEW!

I la la loved that book!!!  So happy you're gonna check it out.

On a totally different note: horribly stressful event at work this evening.  It left me rage-filled, confused and indignant.  AND, consequently, it left me wanting to smoke.  

But this crave was easy to squelch because as soon as I got home from work I PUT ON MY RUNNING CLOTHES and I took off!!! Did a beautiful 3.5 miler through the town.

Thank you God for my capable body.  

• Like 1

Oink!

Sarge is getting Olde.

Stepping down most races this year to The Half Marathon (13.1 miles)

Top 4% overall (497th out of 11,526).

Not bad for an Olde Pharte GreyBeard, right?

1:41:36(7:46/mile) - a new record on that verrrry hilly course for The Sarge.

Mrs. Sarge did even better at a top 2% (actually 1.6%) for her age group (female, age 40-44) - she's in medal contention next year's field as she breaks into a new age group and will be the young pup.

11206534_948288375191730_705247844613993

Easy Peasy

• Like 3

Oink!

Sarge is getting Olde.

Stepping down most races this year to The Half Marathon (13.1 miles)

Top 4% overall (497th out of 11,526).

Not bad for an Olde Pharte GreyBeard, right?

1:41:36(7:46/mile) - a new record on that verrrry hilly course for The Sarge.

Mrs. Sarge did even better at a top 2% (actually 1.6%) for her age group (female, age 40-44) - she's in medal contention next year's field as she breaks into a new age group and will be the young pup.

11206534_948288375191730_705247844613993

Easy Peasy

This is friggin awesome!!  This is seriously amazing.  I'm in awe. 

I usually give up somewhere between 3.5 and 4.25 miles.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow since the 25th when I posted last I've run 3 races. Two of them 10k and one 15k! My times just keep getting better and next month I run my first half marathon. I'm so glad I quit smoking and took up running. Feels sooo good!

• Like 1

I wish I had more time in the day...to read my darn book about running....and then to actually run!  I crave it and will run tonight no matter what.  I ran yesterday 1 mile but that's not enough to get me pumped.

Love that book TearyEyedWoman!  I am fascinated by it really

• Like 1

I miss running :( I havent been able to run since my foot has been acting up, I think I am going to have to go to a dr for it cause it is not improving even with all the conservative treatments I have been doing I think I might have a stress fracture And need an xray to figure that out sigh

Ran a mountainous loop with my dog and my Mom's dog (a bichon).  The damned Bichon "Morty" took off - - - I couldn't find him for nearly an hour. I thought a fisher cat got ahold of him!!!  Kept running the loop until I finally found him under a rock.  Thanks Morty for the extra miles I didn't plan on running!!! Argh.

Sexercising is more fun after running!!!!!

Babs - glad you like the book!

Frez - here's to feeling better soon!!!  Injuries SUCK.

• Like 1

Ran 5 miles on the mountain today! 

Twas quite nice...

Knees are feeling good from glucosamine - which I forever gave my border collie but not myself.

homer-simpson-doh.gif

Grateful for my body and especially MY:

blog_lung-deer.jpg?2996

• Like 1

okay my fellow runner friends.....

2 weeks ago...I felt an ouch in my right hip....don't remember specifically hurting it but it felt "bruised"

Started to feel better then 2 days ago....while I was running....I experienced excruciating pain again...I didn't think I could take another step but I kept on running.  I was so afraid to stop at this point.  I thought if I started walking I wouldn't make it home...so I ran.  It actually started to feel better while on that run...

Sunday I rested the body..and yesterday when I ran again...there was that pain again.  Not as bad....but still.  What is it?????   Anybody else experience it?  I hate going to doctors

Today...it still feels tender when I touch the hip but I'm not limping or in any real pain...just so weird.

first thing dont run for a bit rest it,the reason you were able to continue the run the first time was the Adrenalin. Your gait when you run could be off, or it could be your shoes causing a poor gait when you run do you pronate? are you a heel striker? You might want to see a dr( I am one to talk still need to make an appointment for my footlol) just in case. 

• Like 1

This could be like the worst thing to say ever but I had this RAGING, excruciating pain in my achilles this past winter.  It happened for a couple weeks - I didn't really rest it - just sort of exercised through it.  And it got better on its own.  That's how I treat most of my injuries - by not treating them.

• Like 1