Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Starting day 3

Featured Replies

  I'm so happy I made it to this day.  Yesterday was rather tough and I stayed on here and read, read, and read.  I have quit so many times only to go back again.  I have been smoking on and off for decades and I want it to be over for good No Matter What.  I don't want to put myself into this again.  I have others talk about romantasizing the drink...Like something I had to give up and didn't really want to but had too.  Not anymore I want this monkey off my back for good.  So glad to have found you all here.  :)

Glad you found us too. This site can quite literally be a lifeline.

 

The one resounding thing about walking through the withdrawals and then getting over the triggers is someone else has been there and done that. And come out the other side happy about it. It's very re-assuring.  

 

I think getting involved and posting rather than suffering or worrying is a great thing. Look forward to the journey with you.

 

x

Great job R M .... Stay on the train and stay positive  :)

Well done, Ricki..

 

Welcome to the QT !

 

We are all here to try and help you through the rough spots...

 

My best advice is to read and educate yourself... Understanding why we are addicted helps to beat the addiction

 

Be active here and anytime you feel the need, ask for help..

  • Author

Thanks so much everyone...I finally went to the into section so I posted there as well.  It was fantastic to see you all here and hopefully I will be able to do the same.   You are all fantastic..

Ricki

Find my thread Starting Now. Gives timeline of my quit and thoughts at different points. Will say it's easy now but wasn't always so smooth. Never too bad but I rarely think of it now

Just stopping in to say hi and add my congratulations, Ricki. Read, read and read some more. You are doing this!

Ricki, I am 51 spent alot of time smoking, drinking, etc. thought that now is a good time to quit smoking, drink only occasionally, eat better, etc. There is not an unlimited amount of time. I want to enjoy the money I have been saving for later years

Hi Ricki - welcome and congrats on that lovely quit to date. So happy you have found us and are reading up - stay close and remember we are here for support if you need it :-)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.