Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Paul is 13 years smoke free!

Featured Replies

Congratulations 👏 🎉 on 13 years smoke free, Paul.  That is awesome 👍 😎 

It's a good thing I'm not afflicted with triskaidekaphobia and an even better thing that I haven't been smoking the last 13 years!  I've been thinking that our addiction to nicotine trained us to constantly respond to withdrawal.  This site can help people to train themselves to quit.  Constant repetition of NOPE is a good start.  There is some heavy lifting involved early on but it gradually gets easier over time.  Our quit muscles grow stronger every time we tell ourselves that smoking is not an option.  We find that we are a lot stronger than we thought we were.  Training myself to quit and stay quit is one of the best decisions I've ever made.

 

I'm now retired and happy about it.  I'm finding new things to interest me and enjoy that.  My last patent is pending and should issue soon.  Janet723 is doing well and is helping our granddaughter buy a house.  We have traveled some and have plans to do more.

3 hours ago, Paul723 said:

It's a good thing I'm not afflicted with triskaidekaphobia and an even better thing that I haven't been smoking the last 13 years!  I've been thinking that our addiction to nicotine trained us to constantly respond to withdrawal.  This site can help people to train themselves to quit.  Constant repetition of NOPE is a good start.  There is some heavy lifting involved early on but it gradually gets easier over time.  Our quit muscles grow stronger every time we tell ourselves that smoking is not an option.  We find that we are a lot stronger than we thought we were.  Training myself to quit and stay quit is one of the best decisions I've ever made.

 

I'm now retired and happy about it.  I'm finding new things to interest me and enjoy that.  My last patent is pending and should issue soon.  Janet723 is doing well and is helping our granddaughter buy a house.  We have traveled some and have plans to do more.

We can't say for sure but one reason you've been able to enjoy some of those things you mentioned doing in retirement was likely due in part at least to quitting. 

I know I've spent $$ travelling since I retired that otherwise would have been spent of cigs. That's just one of many things that makes quitting such a great idea!

Gday

13 years…..

Got to be happy with that!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.