Mid Life Crisis

El Bandito

Tough day test driving...

Drove z4

Liked z4

Spec'd z4

Took about 30 minutes.

Spent the rest of the day test driving multiple 4wd ...La B is no closer a decision....

Honestly, can't even get time for a self indulgent midlife crisis..

• Like 4

Hello all!

Essentially I am just an ordinary, run of the mill, tubby, skirt-wearing, brain scientist, rocket surgeon. :D

Last month - I sold my business.

I wasn't the majority shareholder - but owned a fair chunk. So - I have done OK.

With luck, if I can prise the taxman's fingers off the cash, having done all of the sensible things, I will be buying La Bandita a nice shiney car and then this brings me then to my subject. 

Mid-forties, taking some 'more time with my family' - it strikes me as being time for a mid life crisis.

I have considered taking up pole dancing, parachuting, moving in on Action's Pimping...but they all seem too much like hard work...

So - I'm thinking, nice little sportscar.

Porky - I have considered the Harley option but;

a. On these sceptered isles, a lot of water falls out of the skies

b. Where would I put the golf bats? (This is a rhetorical question Bakon. Please don't answer it)

b. I have the natural balance of a Hippo on rollerblades - I just can't see the motorbike thing ending well B)

So - I'm thinking...

ecaadfd4.jpg

La Bandita and I are going test driving tomorrow...(both for one of these and a proper car)

Questions will be:

1. Is there anyway the rocket surgeon can enter and exit the car without a crane and preserving his modesty

2. Will he appear...

a: a Geroge Clooney-esque man of a certain age with a fetching roadster?

b: a desperate-looking Hefner esque slime ball?

Good for you Mr Bandito!

You only live once and sounds like you deserve one, drive it for a year and see how you like it  ;)

Ps - Please you should never care what people will think, most are idiots anyway!

I agree with Rez last four words.....I am the king of that group...

Always liked BMW. In 1988 I had a 320 (Straight six version, NO 320i, carberator version)  while stationed in Germany. We had a love/ hate relationship up till the day I sold it for $50 BUCKS. Started as a used buy from another service guy shipping back, he had flogged her, head cracked two months later, $1100 on used head which took 5 months to find and rebuild. 320 were mostly 4 cylinders and a six was rare. Then she got upset and carb problems, lucky for me I was moving on base that weekend and a parade on base at same time, hiccupped a bunch so I pulled over and adjusted her wrong, backfired through air cleaner (which I didn't put metal top back on being 1 block from my new place, fire breaks out, but lucky parade was 1 block away too, firemen from base and German town out to impress each other poured 100 thousand gallons of water on engine. SO as a boat, pushed her down hill to auto shop...where she sat until sold for $50.00 

Jury still out on La Bandita's car....

If I'm going to have an intensely impractical 2 seater - then need her to have picked something sensible! She is also on the cusp of stealing my colour scheme!

We are away in Ireland for a couple of days from tomorrow - so hopefully we can get commitment with a little distance!!!