What's For Dinner: Part 2

Leanna

Honey roasted parsnips sounds good. How do you make them?

there are lots of different ways depending on taste but i like mine crispy and sticky yum

peel the parsnips and cut off top and bottom, if they are small you can just cut them up into 2 inch pieces, if large cut them in half and cut out the woody core running on the inside

then pop in a shallow oven dish, drizzle with oil (not too much) cook on 400F for about half an hour (until turning just crispy)

then take out drizzle honey over them, turning them in the honey (as much or as little honey as you like) then pop back in oven until honey is turning brown and gooey

enjoy :) 

Tonight  made Thai Coconut Shrimp Soup. Wow! Was that good! If you are at all interested I highly recommend you try it. The important part is the hot/sour/spicy broth. Once you have that, you can throw in any meat and veggies you like. This time, in addition to the shrimp, I used green peppers, mushrooms, butternut squash and bean sprouts then garnished with sliced green onions and chopped cilantro. Since I wanted this to be a complete meal, I added Hokkien (wheat) noodles. My recipe is a modification of this: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/spicy-chicken-thai-soup/ 

thai%2520coconut%2520shrimp%2520soup.jpg

• Like 3

Last night was grilled chicken tenderloins rubbed with Applewood smoke rub, along with mashed carrots/turnips and loaded mashed potatoes.  The potatoes were not homemade, they are Idahoan brand.  Leftover chicken made for an easy lunch over salad today.    Tonight was an I am in a hurry and starving excuse meal, roast beef sammy with cheese, mayo and spicy bbq sauce.

20150312_181929_zps6alfi5cy.jpg

• Like 2

Pork belly - definitely a sometime food but yummy !! - served with air fried potatoes and lots of vegie, plus a roasted peach ...oh and crackling of course .... Yummy !!

2008d4fa7b9594db29548572ca4226d2_zps9338

I don't think I've ever seen so much food on your plate before Pippa....usually they are miniature portions!  

• Like 1

I don't think I've ever seen so much food on your plate before Pippa....usually they are miniature portions!

LOL- I am obviously going to have to change my crockery !! Truth is though I eat 6 or 7 times a day plus we use huge bowls - everything just looks more petite that way ! In fact I am currently investigating whether this will work for people as well as food ...just say'n :-)

Just started a 12 week gym challenge - they include a menu but I am using it as a guide - that said I did chilli and garlic prawns from their menu ... Yum !! Tomorrow I plan a day in the kitchen, including making a banana bread - interesting to see how that goes !! Oh and the Stirfry had extra veg and some rice - so please don't think I am starving !! ;-)

f1239e2d4341e701a7ead573fde52eb7_zpse55c

• Like 1

Lunch and dinner today. I made a chicken salad concoction for lunch. The dressing is made from the juice of grapes, lemons, and limes. 

I made lemon-garlic chicken for dinner and potatoes/carrots as sides. I love my crockpot. :)

11073112_10152933269003423_1217928567190\

10632825_10152933269053423_5145257956956

• Like 3

Hey Everyone....

Got lots going on and super busy, but I wanted to put in another pic so you all know I am still breathing... lol

My Nieces came for dinner Sunday night so I made a Stuffed pork loin roast... I stuffed it with prosciutto, spinach, mushrooms and Mozzarella cheese... This is is going into the oven,, I forgot to take a pic when I took it out of the oven....

20150322_130445.jpg

I am getting better at making the knots when wrapping it up... I served it with a broccoli and rice casserole,... almond and bacon sauteed string beans,.... cranberry sauce.... and a creamy pork gravy

• Like 5

I MUST get rid of the weight I put on when I quit smoking, so I started a low-carb diet this week. Tonight we had BISTEC DE PALOMILLA (Cuban Style Steak). Very thin steak marinated in Mojo Criollo (Cuban sour orange/garlic marinade). Then quick fried and topped with mojo crudo (chopped onion, parsley, olive oil and lime juice). Served with parmesan encrusted grilled tomatoes. 

I didn't take a photo but it looks like this:

DSC04460-1024x6931-510x345.jpg

• Like 3

Food I had the last couple of days. I made a grilled portobello salad for lunch yesterday and Steve made baked chicken, potatoes, and steamed green/yellow beans for dinner. I made a steak salad for lunch today:

19704_10152947214683423_3196343732304317

10271533_10152947214693423_2599167430299

11081166_10152947214678423_3285534128783

• Like 1

Easter...

We spoinser the volunteer fire company annual easter flower sale every year at our store.... I wrap the northern end of out porch with tent sides to keep the flowers safe.....

20150401_122638.jpg

We get about 800 flowers delivered and this is what a portion of them look like inside the enclosure....

20150401_121712.jpg

Ok... this has nothing to do with food... But I wanted to say Happy Easter to all of you!!!

see ya next week!!!

• Like 5