Hi everyone, I threw my last ecig in the trash at the grocery store at noon today. I’ve been on Chantix for a few weeks. It’s time. Only two mild thoughts (not physical cravings) so far. Thinking positive. I have quit many times. Twice for a year each time. It’s usually anger that takes me back. Then it’s years before I’m ready to try again. I’m ready to stop the insanity.

• Like 5

Welcome back!

Hope you can remain focused on all the things you stated above and do it long term. That's what's required for a long term success! Reread all you can here just to keep all the quit info fresh in your mind and ask away about anything you like or just come to vent as needed.

Your seat is still open here on the train. I'll go clean the stuff off that I stored there for awhile :) 

To edit your quit date; click on your profile pic at the top of the main page then click; edit profile. Scroll down & you'll see "Quit Date". Change your date and look to see if you need to OK it somewhere at the bottom of the page.

• Like 5

Welcome back, Michelle.  You have tried to quit many times, this time it needs to be your forever quit.  Please stick around, lots of support and knowledge you can get here.  

Just remember, nothing good comes from smoking.  It is just a short term illusionn of relief but really it just adds to your stress level by continuing to feed the addiction.  Quitting is the best thing you can do long term.  Oncce you quit for good, things do get a whole lot better and it is worth the early struggles.

25 minutes ago, MichelleDoesntSmokeAnymore said:

Can anyone tell me how to edit my quit date? I can’t find an edit button on my profile. And do we still have tickers?

You should be able to edit your quit date by clicking your name in the top right navigation (if you are on a laptop or PC), click on "Edit Profile" at the top, and then the screen that appears should show you your quit date.  You can edit it there.

There is also a tab at the top that says "Ticker" which will show you how to create a new ticker.

Hope that helps and hope you stick around.  Quitting smoking is definitely doable and something you really need to do, Michelle.

Edited by johnny5
  • Like 5

Thank you everyone. The support here is beautiful. I see some posts from people who quit after I did, which was just noon yesterday. I'm going to go see if I can support them. That's how it works, right?

Thanks to those who helped with my profile edit and signature...mission accomplished! Now to add a more recent photo.

Now that I've introduced myself on this thread, do I post my regular posts about how I'm doing, etc in this thread or in the Quit Smoking Discussion threat? Is this one just for introductions? The Quit Smoking Discussion thread is full of very old posts unless I'm not sorting right. I'm sorting by Recently Updated

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, MichelleDoesntSmokeAnymore said:

Thank you everyone. The support here is beautiful. I see some posts from people who quit after I did, which was just noon yesterday. I'm going to go see if I can support them. That's how it works, right?

Thanks to those who helped with my profile edit and signature...mission accomplished! Now to add a more recent photo.

Now that I've introduced myself on this thread, do I post my regular posts about how I'm doing, etc in this thread or in the Quit Smoking Discussion threat? Is this one just for introductions? The Quit Smoking Discussion thread is full of very old posts unless I'm not sorting right. I'm sorting by Recently Updated

Typically yes; general posts about your quit would be posted in a thread you create on the Quit Smoking Discussion Page. To start a thread there; open the page then look for the "Start New Topic"  title to the right side near the top of the main page. Click that and title your topice and go from there. You could start a thread there and title it My Quit Smoking Journey or Adventure or something like that then just keep adding posts to that thread as you like. 

When you open the Quit Smoking Discussion Page, the first 9 or 10 thread going down from the top of that page are "Pinned Posts". You'll notice a small green tack to the left of the thread title. Most of those "pinned" topics were created some time ago which is why the date appear to be old.

The most recent to least recent threads start after the "pinned" posts and go in cronilogical order downward.

You should spend some time reading the "Pinned Posts" as they contain excellent information of use to new quitters. Tips about quitting and the experiences of others as they struggled to quit. It all good info for the new quitter. Look for those small green pins to the left of the thread titles. They will always be located at the top of the main page. You'll find "Pinned Posts" at the top of several pages. Read them all as time permitts. Good info in all of them.

• Like 4

Welcome back Michelle. Let’s get this Forever Quit started. I’m glad you know your triggers and prepare for them. Extremely glad you threw your ecig away. So many hold onto all their paraphernalia and cave to temptation. Looking forward to your success! 

• Like 4

Hello and welcome back Michelle..your seat has been waiting for you ..

I watched you struggle over the years …never give up giving up ..

Stay close …join in …it helps …

Go back and refresh yourself here ..

only one rule ..

Never stick anything in your mouth and set fire to it ..

Come on. Let’s get this done .x

• Like 3