Advice needed: NRT

natalie_3

Great idea! I like arts in general, reading, drawing and crafts. Also games with words. Nothing to do with Math  :D like Sudokus. Maybe you have some good easy crafty ideas? (easy because my patience is not very good right now LOL) Or some games with words?

I knit and play MMORPG's  :)

• Like 2

how to enjoy/embrace?  get to know the feeling, step outside yourself and look, know its not you but its you healing, struggling to kick all those chemicals out, lungs ltting fresh air in, blood moving it around and pulling the bad stuff out, brain yelling to take the easy road and give in but knowing you need to stick the course, play nope over and over again, move around and know you can out smart the mind, the nicotine is leaving fast and will want to fight, beat it, smile when hurting, know its the right move and even though it hurts its one of those good hurts. 

No pain No Gain was big saying years ago. Use it. Enjoy the feeling of healing. It sucks, but it wont kill you.

• Like 2

how to enjoy/embrace?  get to know the feeling, step outside yourself and look, know its not you but its you healing, struggling to kick all those chemicals out, lungs ltting fresh air in, blood moving it around and pulling the bad stuff out, brain yelling to take the easy road and give in but knowing you need to stick the course, play nope over and over again, move around and know you can out smart the mind, the nicotine is leaving fast and will want to fight, beat it, smile when hurting, know its the right move and even though it hurts its one of those good hurts. 

No pain No Gain was big saying years ago. Use it. Enjoy the feeling of healing. It sucks, but it wont kill you.

Thanks for clearing it up! I´ll try...

I want to add a story. Went in Army at 18, month after HS. Everyone else college or trade school, mother poor and I was too smart for school. Knew I could do it, just bored with it. Didn't want to be the poor kid in college either. Join army, basic training has all the stories of how tough it was. I loved it. Was the hippy kid and when I got there I could complain like everyone else. I decided to enjoy it. Roll on the ground and get dirty, sure. Run and do pt, fine. Get up early, don't sleep all night, no problem. They had to feed me, they had to give me time to sleep, they had to stop running or rolling in the dirt sometime. So I did it with that in mind. It will end, has to.

Now the big guys would push people around sometimes when sgt was around, but they never bothered me. Why? Cause I was the crazy kid who liked it all. Stand in the sun for hours then march in circles for hours more. I used to think "how cool is this? I am getting paid to stand here and don't have to do anything else"

So we were allowed to smoke one or two a day. I was the only white guy who smoked menthol. This was also a rare thing I found out. Most whites smoked the cowboy. Goofy me was called "the lightest n I ever knew" by the group. It was a complement at the time and by who was saying it to me, black guys. I was accepted as just the kid who joined "for the sun tan and beer". We had great farmers tans, arms only. South Carolina in July and August.

Point is if you believe something is good, it is good and becomes contagious. If you make it something that sucks and is difficult, it can be that too

• Like 4

I want to add a story. Went in Army at 18, month after HS. Everyone else college or trade school, mother poor and I was too smart for school. Knew I could do it, just bored with it. Didn't want to be the poor kid in college either. Join army, basic training has all the stories of how tough it was. I loved it. Was the hippy kid and when I got there I could complain like everyone else. I decided to enjoy it. Roll on the ground and get dirty, sure. Run and do pt, fine. Get up early, don't sleep all night, no problem. They had to feed me, they had to give me time to sleep, they had to stop running or rolling in the dirt sometime. So I did it with that in mind. It will end, has to.

Now the big guys would push people around sometimes when sgt was around, but they never bothered me. Why? Cause I was the crazy kid who liked it all. Stand in the sun for hours then march in circles for hours more. I used to think "how cool is this? I am getting paid to stand here and don't have to do anything else"

So we were allowed to smoke one or two a day. I was the only white guy who smoked menthol. This was also a rare thing I found out. Most whites smoked the cowboy. Goofy me was called "the lightest n I ever knew" by the group. It was a complement at the time and by who was saying it to me, black guys. I was accepted as just the kid who joined "for the sun tan and beer". We had great farmers tans, arms only. South Carolina in July and August.

Point is if you believe something is good, it is good and becomes contagious. If you make it something that sucks and is difficult, it can be that too

Good story. So maybe this is all about changing my mindset? Trying to not make it as huge and awful as it could be? 

• Like 3

Good story. So maybe this is all about changing my mindset? Trying to not make it as huge and awful as it could be? 

DING DING DING... WE GOT A WINNER!!!

Hang in there Nat... it is not the end of the world... just some suckiness.  Keep on going.

• Like 2

Here are some of the withdrawal symptoms of smoking :

Irritable and bad mood

Tired and low energy
Trouble sleeping
Dry throat
Coughing up phlegm
Post-nasal drip
Feel dizzy
Trouble concentrating
Chest is tight
Stomach pain constipation
Feel hungry
Crave another cigarette

and following are some of the best quit smoking tips:

1 Make a plan to quit smoking
2 inclued healthy stuffs
3 drink more water
4 Take a walk
5 Snack on low-calorie or calorie-free foods
6 Get support from family, friends and work colleagues
7 Keep your cigarettes, ashtrays and lighters 
8 Nicotine replacement therapy,
9 Deep breathing exercise helps in  carving
10 Keep yourself busy 

You can read more about 

• Like 3

• 9 months later...

Make an easy to follow quit smoking plan and keep yourself busy whenever you crave for cigarette more. You also need support from your family and relatives hence spend time with your family and friends as much as you can. Follow a healthy diet and make an exercising plan that you can follow easily everyday. Nicotine replacement therapy is also a treatment of quit smoking. Think positive and don't carry cigarette's packet lighter in your pocket. Smoking damages your kidneys, liver.  Smoking causes cancer and several other serious uncurable diseases.

• Like 2

Where's the boot camp graduation photo???

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Smoking leads to many health illnesses including lungs cancer. Kidney problems, liver problems, heart problems, hypertension, cancer etc. are some common problems that are caused by smoking. Hence one should try to stop this bad habit in order to live a healthy life. Daily exercising, healthy eating, healthy lifestyle are some common healthy habits that are really helpful to improve one's overall health including mental as well as physical health. Follow these daily health tips to stay healthy and live a disease free, long and healthy life.

Thanks & Regards.

Richard White.