Running after the train

darcy

woke feeling like a smoker and is stocking with me.

more work.

more food.

more looping thinking.

as long as I do not put anything in my mouth and light it on fire....things are great, right?

many folks may have noticed  I have volumes and volumes of issues.....

all of them competing to collapse my hope.

I just keep plodding along 

getting tired of not being able to remain hopeful.

whine, whinge, whine....

• Like 5

Hang in there Darcy it won't always be this way, I promise! But only if you keep your quit! Distraction, distraction, distraction. Play games, read posts, take a bath or a long walk, anything to get your mind off the smoke :) 

• Like 4

Keep yourself busy Darcy ...find a new hobby...we have had folks learn to knit ,!earn to paint ect....

Get your self a jigsaw ..keeps the mind and your fingers busy ...

Take smoking off the Table ....

Great yourself with the extra money ,you have....even a little reward can help...😁👍

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Doreensfree said:

Keep yourself busy Darcy ...find a new hobby...we have had folks learn to knit ,!earn to paint ect....

Get your self a jigsaw ..keeps the mind and your fingers busy ...

Take smoking off the Table ....

Great yourself with the extra money ,you have....even a little reward can help...😁👍

Cutting out smoking frees up a lot of time which is great but may be tough early on.  Doreen and Jill make great points about finding distractions or finding a new hobby. 

I'm aware of at least one person on this site who learned Spanish through online courses while in the early stages of her quit.  Some have learned how to play a musical instrument, like guitar, through online resources or real life classes.

Look for ways to fill your extra time by either doing something constructive or finding fun ways to pass the time without smoking.

• Like 5

I think the biggest thing is exercise. Its where we get to see the immediate benefits from quitting.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

I just liked my own post. How egotistical is that?🤣

• Like 5

4 hours ago, darcy said:

I just keep plodding along 

That's how the process starts.

You plod for a while.  Eventually you become a bit more sure-footed.  Then you pick up the pace...and so forth.

In the early days of a quit, you have to watch every step.  As you progress, quitting becomes a walk in the park.

Keep walking, you're going in the right direction.

• Like 6