November 2, 20214 yr Sitting here wondering why I stay in Michigan??? I like the winters less and less each year. Somewhere south is looking better all the time. As winter is creeping in!!😀
November 2, 20214 yr I have a cousin in Flint. He’s in his late 60’s. He says the same thing, but the last time he came down to visit he said that he would never survive if he moved back down here. He says that he would burn up and die from the heat. lol He’s originally from Chattanooga, Tennessee.
November 2, 20214 yr 50 minutes ago, Gus said: I have a cousin in Flint. He’s in his late 60’s. He says the same thing, but the last time he came down to visit he said that he would never survive if he moved back down here. He says that he would burn up and die from the heat. lol He’s originally from Chattanooga, Tennessee. The summers here can be brutal. However, we had a relatively mild summer this year in East Tennessee. Even made it through July and August without many of those hot days where the humidity is off the charts. A local weatherman in Chattanooga used to call it "the air you can wear." The Old Farmer's Almanac is calling for a slightly colder and rainier Winter this year here on the Cumberland Plateau. No complaints...so far.
November 2, 20214 yr Author 2 hours ago, Gus said: I have a cousin in Flint. He’s in his late 60’s. He says the same thing, but the last time he came down to visit he said that he would never survive if he moved back down here. He says that he would burn up and die from the heat. lol He’s originally from Chattanooga, Tennessee. @Gus Im not to far from Flint. I worked in Flint at social services for a long time. Flint has really went down hill! Used to be a nice place.
November 2, 20214 yr G’day I live in the subtropics. Brisbane Australia. Love it. Summers are brutal. The heat and humidity are off the charts in summer but you hide in the cool during the day and are most active in the early morning and evening. The summer is only 3 months of the year. Spring and autum are perfect and the winters are cool and dry. I don’t shut our back door properly for only a week a year due to cold winds but have a locked fly screen door only. regards Chris
November 2, 20214 yr Author @Cbdave That weather sounds great!! But I here you have big spiders😂😂 Michigan is lovely summer, spring and fall, but winters can be pretty brutal. I love the change of seasons except winter, it would be ok if it only lasted a couple months but its about 4 months. The great lakes we have here are amazing. A lot of beautiful countryside. So there are some good things here also. Are you originally from Australia?
November 2, 20214 yr 57 minutes ago, Linda said: Used to be a nice place. Yes. He says the same. He lives a good ways outside of the city.
November 2, 20214 yr Author 4 minutes ago, Gus said: Yes. He says the same. He lives a good ways outside of the city. @Gus That's good!! There's a lot of nice suburbs of flint
November 2, 20214 yr 2 hours ago, Boo said: A local weatherman in Chattanooga used to call it "the air you can wear." I love the eastern Tennessee, western North Carolina, and North Georgia area. It’s all so beautiful. My mom was born in some tiny town on the river outside of Chattanooga many, many years ago. She made sure we learned to love and appreciate that river as much as she did growing up. I’ve made many trips up that way. ❤️
November 2, 20214 yr @Boo My mom’s last visit home and cruise on THE RIVER. About five years ago. She was loving it, doing some serious reminiscing, and was just at peace. 🤗
November 2, 20214 yr Sorry. My bad @Linda! My cousin lives in Hillman and is ALWAYS talking about Flint because that is where he has to travel to take care of a lot of his business. He was fortunate enough to purchase some property outside of Hillman that they found natural gas deposits on at a later date.
November 3, 20214 yr Author @Gus well I know where Holman is also,lot nicer than flint😂😂 Lucky for him with the natural gas!! Edited November 3, 20214 yr by Linda Content
November 3, 20214 yr 15 hours ago, Linda said: @Cbdave That weather sounds great!! But I here you have big spiders😂😂 Michigan is lovely summer, spring and fall, but winters can be pretty brutal. I love the change of seasons except winter, it would be ok if it only lasted a couple months but its about 4 months. The great lakes we have here are amazing. A lot of beautiful countryside. So there are some good things here also. Are you originally from Australia? Gday Yep… born in Australia. 3rd generation Scott’s married to an Australian abo. So the kids have a heritage cemented in this country. I’ve lived every state of this country at one time or another. Being a sailor for 20 years I’ve travelled the world so I’ve seen a bit. I’m not scared of the creepy crawlies I’d be more worried about bears and wolves and cougars and those creatures. And yes I know we have crocs but they make great handbags….. I talked to a couple of folk today about the house next door which is up for sale. They we’re interested in… if we got bad storms. No. We don’t get the bad ones. They are split by Mt cotton and Mt cravat and the bad ones pass each side of us. The mozzies. No we get little. The sea breezes blown them down the hill so unless your lazy and leave the pot plant bases full of water you’ll not have them. traffic… we are not a through road but a street so traffic is not a constant. And generally what is within 10 mins of home. Yes we need shops and services but there is other things. The bay and foreshore. The creeks, the bush, the parks the pics I post each morning in the NOPE pledge show how blessed I am to live where I live. regards Chris
November 3, 20214 yr Author @Cbdave Thanks for sharing ! Does sound pretty amazing there. I have done my share of traveling, but never had the pleasure to visit there. The pictures you share are beautiful and enjoyed. Have a good day!!
November 3, 20214 yr 22 hours ago, Gus said: @Boo My mom’s last visit home and cruise on THE RIVER. About five years ago. She was loving it, doing some serious reminiscing, and was just at peace. 🤗 A picture really is worth a thousand words. Thanks for sharing that Gus. If your mother took the cruise out of the Chattanooga area, the boat almost certainly went through the Tennessee River Gorge. The Gorge is one of my favorite places on the planet. I like it so much I got married there. I live up-river from Chattanooga now, about six-miles (as the crow flies) from the main channel of the river.
November 3, 20214 yr 1 hour ago, Boo said: The Gorge is one of my favorite places on the planet. Definitely! What a beautiful and exciting place to get married! I could hike and ride the river forever and never get tired of it. It never gets old.
November 13, 20214 yr @Linda Maybe we should switch places in the winter. We get cold but rare snow and ice. I just love the cold as long as I don't have to go out and drive in it.
November 13, 20214 yr Author 4 hours ago, Kris said: @Linda Maybe we should switch places in the winter. We get cold but rare snow and ice. I just love the cold as long as I don't have to go out and drive in it. @Kris That might be fun 😁😁 where are you in Texas.? Been there a couple of times visiting family
November 13, 20214 yr I am in the Dallas Fort Worth area. You told me you had family in, I think it was Fischer. I looked it up and think that would be what we call hill country, very beautiful area and close to a lot of tourist areas. Austin, San Antonio etc. K
November 13, 20214 yr Author 38 minutes ago, Kris said: I am in the Dallas Fort Worth area. You told me you had family in, I think it was Fischer. I looked it up and think that would be what we call hill country, very beautiful area and close to a lot of tourist areas. Austin, San Antonio etc. K They did live around the Dallas area ,Duncanville,Arlington my in-laws lived which they are gone now. I visited there but have not been where they are now. Seen lots of pictures looks beautiful.
November 13, 20214 yr It is beautiful, have family on my husbands's side that own a home on Canyon Lake. Went there for family reunions. The local deer are so tame they will come on the property to graze. The lake is emerald green. The only one I have seen more beautiful is Lake Tahoe. K
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.