Thank the Good Lord for Fridays !

Opah

Yes I know Its Monday for all you Poor unfortunate souls  

But for me it is my Friday with the days Off to follow !  This last couple days have been a cluster Fudge, really had me on the edge but 3 day out at the refuge keeping the bad guys at bay, sighting in my 06 and popping off some 9mm will have me right as rain.  so for the next 3 days you all have a great time and enjoy all you can while you can,   You smell that ?  No serious that a deep breath, do you smell that ?

FREEDOM ! free from Nicotine, free from work free from the daily grind god it is good to be free !

image.png.05648a1209513107f28d4840b9a96abc.png Ok I may be a little stressed !

• Like 2

was doing fine and then out of nowhere John Hands me a pack of cigars   YIKES!

My mind starts to Jump back into smoking mode, I had earlier put away a trigger of being on the pourch the smell of fresh rained on dry dirt man that and hot asphalt just rained on smell great.  but there I am with a picture of me taking a deep drag off of a sweet Blue berry cigar.!

WOOOOO John Thank you but no thank you comes out all squeaky and loud I quit and I had a a heart attack !  but you don't inhale them its not like smoking he said. that's all right no thank.

so close I came almost validated not inhaling this was a test of will and devotion to myself.

last place I can think of that would have strong triggers for me, at least that I can think of

Hey Guys we all have those moments the only thing that save me was when those cigars hit my hand and my eye fixed on them I remember terror shooting thru me shear terror.

It was like when you were out with some friends had a beer or two, you know your ot drunk and then the flashing lights go off!  that moment when your heart stops or skips a beat before you can think it was that kind of terror.

Edited by Opah
  • Like 4

Wow O...

You were tested good style ....and you won ....

Hmmm....shame on your smoker friend who thought it would be ok ,after hearing you had a heart attack...

But you showed him common sense prevailed....

I'm very proud of you ..🐸

Ubna9Fb.jpg

• Like 2

Good job Opah, resisting those Cigars, nothing good in them, maybe the odd memory of a once enjoyed smoke, but more importantly you remembered the terror of having a heart attack. Yes shame on your friend for pushing for you to smoke. Good job on resisting.

Take care of your self.

Edited by catlover
  • Like 1

we got to give John a Pass, it was the first time we had met, we had over lapping Game warden days and he came a day early to get away. he was unaware of my quit and heart issue at the time.   I had mentioned  about Me hankering for a stogie on cold foggy mornings like it was and he tried to accommodate me.

Yes it did challenge the bejeaves out of me, first time in months I had even laid eyes on a cigar let alone hold one.   

• Like 3