How important is it??

Linda

I am getting close to my 30 days I'm finding early mornings and evenings are the hardest for me. Then I ask my self (How important is it) I know I am the only one  can that answer this. Do I want to keep struggling with this addiction? Do I want to live a healthier life? Has to much damage been done with the smoking.?             Well I know I don't have all those answers, but I do know there is a power greater than me that does. But I know I have to do my part an try as hard as I can because it is important !!! So I'm giving all I can and hope that is enough

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Linda said:

Has to much damage been done with the smoking.?        

That's a common question: have I already done too much damage?  Is it even worth it to quit at this point?

We have to acknowledge the damage we did to ourselves as smokers.  What's done is done.

Rather than an excuse to continue smoking, this should provide more impetus to quit.  The body has an amazing ability to heal itself.  The mind will adjust and adapt to new lifestyle choices.  Positive changes begin the moment we stop abusing ourselves with cigarettes.

If you find yourself stuck in a hole, the first thing you do is stop digging.

32 minutes ago, Linda said:

Well I know I don't have all those answers, but I do know there is a power greater than me that does. But I know I have to do my part an try as hard as I can because it is important !!! So I'm giving all I can and hope that is enough

That's the spirit Linda.

Know that you're doing the right thing.  Keep the faith.  March on.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Linda said:

Do I want to keep struggling with this addiction?

Linda, you have to believe us when we promise it won't always be a struggle. It does get so much better. Surely by now you've noticed your sense of taste and smell coming back? How about your hands and feet, are they nice and warm now from the improvement in circulation?

Those are the things you focus on, not the negatives. I know its easier said then done but I had a hard quit too so I know I was my own worst enemy! Don't be me. 😊

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Linda said:

But I know I have to do my part an try as hard as I can because it is important !!! So I'm giving all I can and hope that is enough

I had a moment within my first few weeks of my quit where I decided, screw it, I am going to smoke.  Before I could get to the closest convenience store to buy some smokes, my mind talked me out of it.  

I was actually disappointed in myself that I wasn't going to go in and buy cigarettes to smoke.  I was angry that I couldn't do it.  Then I slowly realized that as frustrated as I was, deciding not to smoke was the right decision.  It sucked at the time but I knew sticking with my quit was the right decision.

You are doing the right thing by keeping the quit.  It might not feel like it sometimes but it will get better.  Quitting is tough but it gets a lot better with time.  Life as a smoker just gets worse and worse.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Linda said:

Has to much damage been done with the smoking.? 

I have often asked myself the same thing. Why fight so hard to quit?  I've already done my body irreversible damage.

To me that's junkie thinking and we can't afford to think that way. It's just making an excuse to keep smoking and giving our bodies that nicotine it craves.  It's a trick.

I will admit that I get short of breath when I push myself physically. I am always cold. My toes are always sore from lack of circulation, even thou I don't have sugar. My mouth is sore and irritated a lot of the time. 

The good news is that every health issue I mentioned above has gotten better every time I have stopped smoking for any length of time.

I don't have lung cancer or mouth cancer that I know about. I've never been told that I have COPD, but I might have it to some degree.

I'm continuing to work on this quitting process because I know that my health will only get worse if I keep smoking. I have a sign on a cabinet in the kitchen, just above where I always kept my cigs and lighter. It says "Do You Want to Smoke or Breath". That's what it comes down to for me.

Lets not let that junkie thinking trick us into giving up our quit!

Jeff

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

How the body repair is different with each person ...cos we are all different ....

Don't worry the Magic will happen ....

I was surprised how quick my feet and ankles started to feel better ....this helped me along 

My sense of smell came back fairly soon as well ....

Keep going !!!!🐸

• Like 2