Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Being On Your Guard

Featured Replies

6 months quit 

 

out of the woods yet? - no

 

drinking plus emotional situations still try and trip me up!

 

can I get through it? hell yes - will not relapse!

 

keeping my guard up - humour helps me, quit buddies help me, determination helps me 

 

still working it, still learning!

 

keep on your guard until you do not have to 

 

everyone is different but this is my journey

 

we can all do it - keep our quits no matter what, whatever it takes

 

one day its going to be easy peasy all the time   :) 

 

 

 

 

Pffft.

 

You're past all that.

 

There is nothing to guard.

 

You are a non-smoker.

 

 

 

 

Easy Peasy

really got to agree- smoking is out of question

 

now if you want to do something you might regret, drink and take selfies, send them to me to judge.

I so understand Tracey....

This journey has been hard for me at times....

Will I smoke....no......

But I have white knuckled it some times....

Keep strong Tracey,guard this quit with your life...

You know smoking was crap.....

I think when we go a certain amount of time ,we forget how much we hated it....

Try and remember just how horrible the addiction was.....

Hugs

Doreen

she's not teetering- she is just window licking- drink more and fall down, call it vertigo and forget the rest....

  • Author

really got to agree- smoking is out of question

 

now if you want to do something you might regret, drink and take selfies, send them to me to judge.

selfies mmmm no lol one nostril one eye comes to mind lol

  • Author

I so understand Tracey....

This journey has been hard for me at times....

Will I smoke....no......

But I have white knuckled it some times....

Keep strong Tracey,guard this quit with your life...

You know smoking was crap.....

I think when we go a certain amount of time ,we forget how much we hated it....

Try and remember just how horrible the addiction was.....

Hugs

Doreen

i will doreen, i will do whatever it takes mentally and physically I hope i am not getting to no mans land I will go back to basics if so but I will fight :)

We're here for you Tracey!!!!

 

I think we need that reunion ;)

  • Author

got my second wind - I knew 6 months would be difficult as that was the length of my last quit so it was all in my head

 

I had set that target and that was a mistake I will not do again!

 

 

mental game me V me

 

lets do this!!

got my second wind - I knew 6 months would be difficult as that was the length of my last quit so it was all in my head

 

I had set that target and that was a mistake I will not do again!

 

 

mental game me V me

 

lets do this!!

and there was I thinking it was just because you were langered.... :blink:

 

Another trigger defeated Tracey...keep smiling!

  • Author

and there was I thinking it was just because you were langered.... :blink:

 

Another trigger defeated Tracey...keep smiling!

LOL combination of all - mind/stress/wine

 

smashed through this wall now and came out the other side  :D

 Tracey, your quit is so STRONG!!! i'm so happy for you, keep hang'n on sweetie..

 

 

(p.s.   - i'm almost  a jr. drill sgt  .... i'll be ready for my "first recruit" soon...should be fun be'n on the other end of order's be'n barked...after all, i learned how to whip someone into none smoke'n shape from the best - don't cha know.....  :spiteful: hehehehe....)

  • Author

 Tracey, your quit is so STRONG!!! i'm so happy for you, keep hang'n on sweetie..

 

 

(p.s.   - i'm almost  a jr. drill sgt  .... i'll be ready for my "first recruit" soon...should be fun be'n on the other end of order's be'n barked...after all, i learned how to whip someone into none smoke'n shape from the best - don't cha know.....  :spiteful: hehehehe....)

you are already paying it forward Miss Lace - I see ya ;)

 

recruits await you, you graduated 3 months ago :)

 

fun watching you grow your quit  :bb:

You will always keep your quit Tracey because you are fearless and strong!

 

And you set examples for others to follow along the way!

 

Very proud of you my friend!

Tracey never doubt your quit, sometimes life gets us down, but tommorow is a better and brighter day, be thankful your smoke free to enjoy it my lovely, onwards and upwards, keep looking ahead and never look back, hugs to you xx

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.