November 23, 20205 yr Some days I'm pretty sure I don't even notice cigarettes, and I rarely, if ever, have a craving anymore, so I was surprised to have a dream about smoking early this morning. A man in his 50s, wearing a turquoise sweater and chinos was sitting next to me in a large event hall where many people were milling about. He pulled out a red and white pack of cigarettes and light up. No one said anything to him. I could smell the smoke, and it wasn't pleasant, but it wasn't as terrible as I thought I'd find it. In the dream, He offered me one, but I declined. I thought about how I used to find smoking relaxing, a pleasure, but I resisted. I remembered the quote that @johnny5 has on his signature line, that "If you have just one you will be right back where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are right now. - Marvitta" I awoke and immediately came to the QSMB to pledge for Monday. Even in my dreams I am a nonsmoker now.
November 23, 20205 yr You are a wonderful job smoker....your brain has took this on board .... I never did have a smoking dream ....but alot of folks here have .... Most of them believe they have smoked ...!!!......so your one step ahead ...👍
November 23, 20205 yr 8 hours ago, Kate18 said: Even in my dreams I am a nonsmoker now. High five✋ Smoking dreams are pesky, but better when you can come away feeling good. Keep loving your quit, Kate!
November 25, 20205 yr I still have occasional smoking dreams (maybe once or twice a year), and they're incredibly disturbing to me. I don't think they have anything to do with smoking, per se; instead, I've come to see them as profound expressions/metaphors for anxiety or stress about other things going on in my life. Christian99 Nearing 19 Years Quit
November 25, 20205 yr I too also have the occasional smoking dreams and they can be so realistic to the point I feel that I have started again. I agree with Christian99 above as what might be the cause. The good thing is that once I am fully awake I realize I still have my quit and usually come right to this site and dive into some reading and reaffirming my quit.
November 29, 20205 yr Cool dreaming of reaffirming your quit, Kate! I dream about relapsing here and there, and I'm always upset about it in my dream. Upon waking I'm always relieved it was only a dream, and recalling my disappointed feelings makes me reaffirm my quit. Great job on your deep seated resolve!
December 2, 20205 yr Author This evening, I've been watching old episodes of Criminal Minds. I'm surprised at how many episodes have someone smoking in them. I'm surprised at how it stands out to me. Maybe a never-smoker wouldn't even notice. Anyway, the episode I'm watching now, I watched the woman smoking in several scenes, and I craved a cigarette. The moments passed, but there was that longing for a while.
December 2, 20205 yr I know exactly what you mean Kate. I still even four years quit notice smoking in shows I'm watching where I never would of before. Its so weird to watch still. And I'm surprised when I still see someone smoking in newer movies or shows. No cravings though but it does stand out. Glad your craving passed 🤗
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.