My temper

beacon

Awww Donna, no. For alot of people, they are whistling dixie by now.

I sometimes whistle dixie but just not as much as I'd hoped by now.

I am not nearly as crazy grouchy as I was in the first months.

:D

Don't despair!

Remember, we all have different quits. :)

Thanks Holski. Good to know. Cause truth be told, if this were to be my new personality, I'd go back to smoking, lol.

• Like 2

Thanks Holski. Good to know. Cause truth be told, if this were to be my new personality, I'd go back to smoking, lol.

No, no Donna.  This was pretty much my old personality too.  Do not fret.

Donna, it is different I think. It the beginning I was grouchy and irritable because of the craves. Plus I think my current moodiness has to do with my age, 50, and my hormones! :)

Oh, the hormones.  

I'm getting a bit cranky.  Where is bandit?

Hormones eh?

Ha!

La Bandita feels scared, anxious, aches and pains, teary...then we have lunch!

The fairer sex definitely get a raw deal here...I mean La Bandita gets all that...I just get an urge to buy an inappropriate sports car...doesn't seem fair to me..

On the good side - La B doesn't think about smoking at all - she is too worried that her head is going to fall off... :o

• Like 3

The anger is difficult to manage at times.

Finally the realization sets in that the rage comes with a price that is too steep to pay.

It isn't worth it. I don't like the results.

I have to live with it, it's part of taking accountability for what I do.

I don't have the answer, but I do know that it isn't always deserving of rage

as it initially seems to be.

I have to count from 1 to 10 a lot. It helps.

• Like 2

The anger is difficult to manage at times.

Finally the realization sets in that the rage comes with a price that is too steep to pay.

It isn't worth it. I don't like the results.

I have to live with it, it's part of taking accountability for what I do.

I don't have the answer, but I do know that it isn't always deserving of rage

as it initially seems to be.

I have to count from 1 to 10 a lot. It helps.

Counting a deep breathing sometimes works for me too :)

Often.....I shamefully admit, I am a 'seek revenge' kinda girl. (Uhhhh, toothbrush girl, remember?) what is helping with that lately is a simple statement:

"Julie, if its a good idea to do _________ today, it will still be a good idea tomorrow." 

And then I wait.

Most of the time Im really glad I gave myself some time to cool off before running people over with my car :)

• Like 2

Me grouchy noooo, well just a little, I've quit smoking, Im menopausal, I have a 22 year old son, a 9 year old son, a partner who is approaching 40 and a midlife crisis, two cats and a mortgage, temper me have  temper HA, apparently I don't shout anymore, I just mutter under my breath, which accordingly to everyone else is a signal to scarper  :D

• Like 2

During the early days of my quit when I felt that I was giving something up, my anger was very bad.

Once I changed my mind about how I viewed my quit everything changed.

firstly I had physically changed, stress no longer threw me into nicotine withdrawal, due to the stress induced extra acidity in the urine neutralising the alkaloid nicotine.

but I think the biggest change for me was a mental one.  I stopped believing that I had given up my stress reliever, and in turn stopped getting angry that I was unable to control my anger.

it takes time to retrain your thoughts, but it can be done.

• Like 5

Me grouchy noooo, well just a little, I've quit smoking, Im menopausal, I have a 22 year old son, a 9 year old son, a partner who is approaching 40 and a midlife crisis, two cats and a mortgage, temper me have  temper HA, apparently I don't shout anymore, I just mutter under my breath, which accordingly to everyone else is a signal to scarper  :D

I see a couple of threads here..

You and La Bandita on "The Change"

Me and Mr66 on "Midlife Crisis - Sportscar choices"

Quick - lets set up a website! :ph34r: