Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My temper

Featured Replies

Awww Donna, no. For alot of people, they are whistling dixie by now.

I sometimes whistle dixie but just not as much as I'd hoped by now.

 

 

I am not nearly as crazy grouchy as I was in the first months.

:D

Don't despair!

Remember, we all have different quits. :)

Thanks Holski. Good to know. Cause truth be told, if this were to be my new personality, I'd go back to smoking, lol.

  • Author

Donna, it is different I think. It the beginning I was grouchy and irritable because of the craves. Plus I think my current moodiness has to do with my age, 50, and my hormones! :)

Thanks Holski. Good to know. Cause truth be told, if this were to be my new personality, I'd go back to smoking, lol.

 

 

No, no Donna.  This was pretty much my old personality too.  Do not fret.

 

 

 

Donna, it is different I think. It the beginning I was grouchy and irritable because of the craves. Plus I think my current moodiness has to do with my age, 50, and my hormones! :)

 

Oh, the hormones.  

 

I'm getting a bit cranky.  Where is bandit?

I'm more emotional. I get teary eyed over everything now. Drives me nuts. I've never been a crier. Wish I had advice but just know your not alone in the emotion department.

Hormones eh?

 

Ha!

 

La Bandita feels scared, anxious, aches and pains, teary...then we have lunch!

 

The fairer sex definitely get a raw deal here...I mean La Bandita gets all that...I just get an urge to buy an inappropriate sports car...doesn't seem fair to me..

 

On the good side - La B doesn't think about smoking at all - she is too worried that her head is going to fall off... :o

The anger is difficult to manage at times.

 

Finally the realization sets in that the rage comes with a price that is too steep to pay.

 

It isn't worth it. I don't like the results.

 

I have to live with it, it's part of taking accountability for what I do.

 

I don't have the answer, but I do know that it isn't always deserving of rage

as it initially seems to be.

 

I have to count from 1 to 10 a lot. It helps.

The anger is difficult to manage at times.

 

Finally the realization sets in that the rage comes with a price that is too steep to pay.

 

It isn't worth it. I don't like the results.

 

I have to live with it, it's part of taking accountability for what I do.

 

I don't have the answer, but I do know that it isn't always deserving of rage

as it initially seems to be.

 

I have to count from 1 to 10 a lot. It helps.

Counting a deep breathing sometimes works for me too :)

Often.....I shamefully admit, I am a 'seek revenge' kinda girl. (Uhhhh, toothbrush girl, remember?) what is helping with that lately is a simple statement:

"Julie, if its a good idea to do _________ today, it will still be a good idea tomorrow." 

And then I wait.

Most of the time Im really glad I gave myself some time to cool off before running people over with my car :)

Me grouchy noooo, well just a little, I've quit smoking, Im menopausal, I have a 22 year old son, a 9 year old son, a partner who is approaching 40 and a midlife crisis, two cats and a mortgage, temper me have  temper HA, apparently I don't shout anymore, I just mutter under my breath, which accordingly to everyone else is a signal to scarper  :D

During the early days of my quit when I felt that I was giving something up, my anger was very bad.

 

Once I changed my mind about how I viewed my quit everything changed.

 

firstly I had physically changed, stress no longer threw me into nicotine withdrawal, due to the stress induced extra acidity in the urine neutralising the alkaloid nicotine.

 

but I think the biggest change for me was a mental one.  I stopped believing that I had given up my stress reliever, and in turn stopped getting angry that I was unable to control my anger.

 

it takes time to retrain your thoughts, but it can be done.

Me grouchy noooo, well just a little, I've quit smoking, Im menopausal, I have a 22 year old son, a 9 year old son, a partner who is approaching 40 and a midlife crisis, two cats and a mortgage, temper me have  temper HA, apparently I don't shout anymore, I just mutter under my breath, which accordingly to everyone else is a signal to scarper  :D

I see a couple of threads here..

 

You and La Bandita on "The Change"

Me and Mr66 on "Midlife Crisis - Sportscar choices"

 

Quick - lets set up a website! :ph34r:

  • Author

Markus, this is a great article. I agree. How to change is the issue.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.