New quit date

Irene

Agreed and thanks once again for all the support...it wont be in vain. 

Jillar, the ticker would work, except for the currency, but for that I can use an app on my phone...will think about it.

On a lighter note, with our lockdown firmly in place, altho all essential businesses stay open (supermarkets pharmacies  etc)

Here's the kicker, sales of alcohol and cigarettes are strictly forbidden as they are considered non essential. I hope folks stocked up,

because I think the lockdown will last more than 21 days.

Edited by Irene
  • Like 4

I kept the ducats from a pack a day in a big jam jar. 

Congratulations on quitting, Irene.

Breathe in deep delicious oxygen, this will quell a crave, stimulate endorphins and nourish your body/soul.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Irene said:

Agreed and thanks once again for all the support...it wont be in vain. 

Jillar, the ticker would work, except for the currency, but for that I can use an app on my phone...will think about it.

On a lighter note, with our lockdown firmly in place, altho all essential businesses stay open (supermarkets pharmacies  etc)

Here's the kicker, sales of alcohol and cigarettes are strictly forbidden as they are considered non essential. I hope folks stocked up,

because I think the lockdown will last more than 21 days.

Great job on day 2, Irene, and the days will start to pass a little faster soon.  Wait...no alcohol?   When our mayor first issued a citywide lock-down to go into effect the following day, he initially didn't include liquor stores as essential businesses.  Within 15 minutes of the announcement there were lines around the block waiting to get into area liquors stores, and a couple of hours later liquor stores (and marijuana businesses) were added to the list of essential businesses. 

• Like 3

I think there would be a revolt if people couldn't get their booze cigs and pot here. 

Welcome back Irene! Glad you quit again so quickly....took me five years.  What a waste!

You can do it, Irene.

• Like 5

hi irene,

i am on some 1 week of quit now and so not too qualified to offer you any tried and tested advice but i used the lock-down to quit for good.and i am glad you quit too. i can only share some emotional things that helped me. 

1. you have been smoke free for 48 hrs and more. an old jungle saying goes thus - if you can survive and be alive 24 hrs after you had the last dose of poison - then you are free. i could never go beyond 24 hrs and the first time i did, viola - the magic happened. 

the illusionist in you is on the stage now. you have begun unfolding the magical act already.  

enjoy the quit - think contra and turn every inch of discomfort into a funny game.

eg - this quit is giving me splitting headaches. smile and say aloud - well smokey doodle- this headache is nothing as compared to the ones i have been through with my bf, lol. the smoky doodle will be stunned and shocked and find no reply.

act 1 - you confronted the hyena.

act 2 -  you stood up for yourself.

act 3 - ongoing but soon coming to an end (the hyena is running scared and packing - be patient and let him pack up before he disappears - which he soon will) so 66% is already done. you are just waiting for the last 33% and its over. easy - was it not, lol. 

all three acts put together = magic complete and the quit is for forever. 

2. if bitten by a snake do we go back the next day and whisper - snaky snaky baby - when are you going to bite me today - again?. see, that is so funny and it is laughable. but reflect on our behavior and how many times we did it with the snaky smoke viper?. we put the snake in our mouth and that makes it dangerously foolish along-with downright crazy. so now it is - snaky baby, mommy is going to knock you out cold if you as much as dare stick out your tongue ever again. scare that smoky snaky cartoon. 

3. change the 'want' to quit to a 'need' to quit. 

that is the key - you do not 'want' to quit. you 'need' to quit. once you wire that instruction to your brain - the game is over. the quit is done and dusted. 

(a want is a desire and a need is a necessity. - our brains tend to focus on needs and put the list of wants on the back-burner).    

4. who is a non-smoker?. somebody who does not smoke anymore. you are a non-smoker - period. it does not matter if you are a minute old or a decade old. you can print that calling card and flaunt it. if you are a non smoker then you cannot smoke. how sad - you have no option when the craves beg you to. i would surely smoke - my baby, but i am an ex-smoker now - lol.

say this loud when bored or chased by the hyena - i quit, i an a non-smoker (use the tone of - i am bond, james bond). lol. let loose - go crazy. make every inch of pain a game and enjoy that. craving - look forward to beating them.

call out to them - cravy cravy baby - mommy is calling you - (tune to be akin to modern taking's cheri cheri lady - google if not born before 1980, lol) when it shows up - slap it in the face. do that twice and the crave will never re-appear,lol. 

5. the happier you are in a quit - the easier and painless it will be. when you feel a crave - eat an ice cream. the crave will drown in the cold snow avalanche. picture the smoky doodle getting buried beneath the boulders of ice cream and have a hearty laugh. the little naughty beast understands just one thing. who is the alpha?. what he does not know is that there is a new alpha in the jungle now. so confront the old alpha and show him who is boss. scare just one crave and you will see that you do not need to bother about the rest. they will succumb on their own. 

you have one bigger strength over me - you are a woman. women are always mentally stronger than men so there - it is an unfair fight. you are in the ring with a weakling. my bet - a first round knockout. before the week is out you will be posting that you will never relapse - my fat purse is on that. and i am going to keep an eye on you. so laugh and make us all laugh. let us have fun in your quit like we did in mine i am sure. serious quits are boring anyways. 

go on girl - ready, steady and go.....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

As Sazerac would say, You are more than qualified to give advice. I love that you put humour into your quit, which is also key.

I think that's what I've been missing, as under normal circumstances, I have a sense of humour and I will certainly try and see the

funny side.

Today I braved the shop, still looking for the elusive liquid soap...nada...found wet wipes instead and at the till, absolutely no cigs available!

I guess smokers did not see the funny side in that, but I had to smile.

I adore animals, yes Sazerac, rats too 😊 and one of my favourites is the elephant...hence the eye, it helps

Helmethermit......thank you!

• Like 4