Back and Forth - but keep the quit

HeatherDianne

Hello everyone,

I wanted to let everyone know I am still here and I am keep my precious quit. The holidays and the past month, I have been in a funk - and I can say not smoking during the holidays did put me in a bad mood etc, and off and on I sometimes just had to excuse myself from the festivties and get my head straight and focused. But through all the ups and downs of my 2 and half month quit - I know I want this - and so not a puff of a cigarette has crossed my lips!!! YAY - Knowing I have all of you in my corner has helped me stay focused - knowing I did not want to come here and admit I smoked helped me keep my quit so to all of you THANK YOU!!! 

• Like 11

Hello HeatherDianne,

Good to see you have kept your quit.

You must continue to reward yourself for every crave and every trigger conquered.

Keep learning about nicotine addiction, knowledge will explain much of what you are going through

and don't forget we are here to support you.  Don't be such a stranger.

• Like 5

YAAAAAYYYYYYY! So glad you kept your quit over the holidays. That's a great accomplishment, and you should be extremely proud. The holidays are hard for a lot of us (for so many reasons) and to keep your quit safe during them is no easy feat. As Sazerac said above, make sure to reward yourself as you continue to conquer those craves. It's important for creating new neural pathways in the brain!

• Like 5

On 1/17/2020 at 9:44 AM, HeatherDianne said:

I wanted to let everyone know I am still here and I am keep my precious quit. The holidays and the past month, I have been in a funk - and I can say not smoking during the holidays did put me in a bad mood etc, and off and on I sometimes just had to excuse myself from the festivties and get my head straight and focused. 

Think about how much better your future holidays will be.  Not having to separate from family and friends to get your fix.  Not having to deal with the nagging nicotine withdrawal.  Not sure how many others did this, but I used to stockpile cigarettes before the holidays because the stores kept different hours during that period.

The holidays, and the other days for that matter, are much better without cigarettes.

You've done a great thing for yourself Heather.  The bothersome aspects of quitting are temporary.  The freedom of being a non-smoker is permanent.

• Like 2

Oh Heather, the holidays can really stir up the emotions.  I am so glad you were able to keep your quit.  Stay close to the forum because we are here for you and care about how you

are feeling.  There was always someone here that made me smile through the difficult times of my quit.  You will start to feel better.  The longer you are quit, the more empowered you become!

• Like 1