Has This Ever Happened to You?

Old Man Coffee

I'm now on Day 21 of the quit and things are going very well so far.  There is one strange thing that I have been experiencing- a couple of night I have had dreams where I was smoking and I have awoken angry and disgusted with myself thinking that I must have broke down and smoked the night before only to realize after a minute or two that it was just a dream.  Anyone else have this happen to them?  What were your dreams like during the beginning of the quit?

• Like 3

Yes, I had them in the beginning of my quit.  It amazed me how realistic they were.  I am now over a year quit and I do not have them anymore.  I don't quite remember when they disappeared.

• Like 4

When I quit in 1997 I had the occasional smoking dream and felt really disappointed with myself during the dream and a great sense of relief when I woke up.

I haven't had any with this quit although it's worth remembering that we all dream every night but we have to wake up during them to remember. So, we may dream about them every night but just don't realise it.

If I do have any more dreams about them that I remember, I'm going to take it as a warning that I may be thinking about them subconsciously during the day.

My first quit all those years ago served to remind me not to be complacent at any time. I don't think I realised back then that an addiction is for life, it just gets pushed further and further back in our minds as time passes.

• Like 4