Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Help Needed

Featured Replies

My 50th birthday 70's disco party is fast approaching ... 

 

invites done and sent out

the music list is done (thanks to lots of help from my non smoking friends here!)

70's cocktails list is done and tested !

decorations are bought

disco ball, lights, bubble machine all hired 

 

I'm now working on the food. We're having a cold buffet/finger food. I've come up with some of the usual everything on a  cocktail stick that was pretty posh and fancy in the 70's lol. Mini quiches. Curried eggs. 

 

Any ideas ? I'm struggling a bit ...

 

Hi Sue, I wasn't around at the time but I've googled for you :)

 

pineapple and cheese on sticks.

Hard boiled eggs halved with the yolk mixed with salad cream and piled back in.

Celery and cream cheese.

small sausage rolls.

Cheese straws.

potato salad.

waldorf salad.

pate on ritz crackers.

anything with tinned salmon (so sophisticated!!!!)

And for dessert - sherry trifle, or jelly made in frilly paper dishes!

 

I can't believe you will be 50 Sue...

 

We want pictures of the party :d

Cheese Fondue (oh the memories lol) sherry trifle in those little cases, you have to make the hedgehog, half a (can't remember what my mum used) covered in tinfoil and stuff all the cocktail sausages, cheese and pineapple on sticks into it.  Got have the little sausage rolls.  Chicken in white sauce in Vol au vent cases (my favourite) lots of salted peanuts, my mum used to make a rice salad dish, cold white boiled rice, tuna mixed through it with cold peas and sweetcorn sounds horrible tastes lovely.  :D

  • Author

I can't believe you will be 50 Sue...

 

We want pictures of the party :D

Action what do you mean you can't believe I'll be 50 ??? please explain ... some fab ideas here thankyou ! 

 

PS another member has exactly the same birthday as me ... I think I'm older purely because of location at birth lol

  • Author

Cheese Fondue (oh the memories lol) sherry trifle in those little cases, you have to make the hedgehog, half a (can't remember what my mum used) covered in tinfoil and stuff all the cocktail sausages, cheese and pineapple on sticks into it.  Got have the little sausage rolls.  Chicken in white sauce in Vol au vent cases (my favourite) lots of salted peanuts, my mum used to make a rice salad dish, cold white boiled rice, tuna mixed through it with cold peas and sweetcorn sounds horrible tastes lovely.  :D

Hi Jackie, do you mean she made trifle in paper cases (cupcake cases ?) ... the hedgehog can be done with a potatoe, pineapple or even a watermelon ...

Action what do you mean you can't believe I'll be 50 ??? please explain ... some fab ideas here thankyou ! 

 

PS another member has exactly the same birthday as me ... I think I'm older purely because of location at birth lol

You look younger in your photo...!!

  • Author

You look younger in your photo...!!

ooohhhh yeah you just made my day, glad I didn't put a close up on here lol 

  • Author

70s?

 

All Car keys in the bread basket wasn't it? :sensored:

bread basket's??? ... that was a bit posh for the 70's wasn't it ... lol   

Hi, Soozie!  The party sounds like fun!  There are a lot of cold appetizer recipes here.

Fondu was big in the seventies, especially Chocolate fondue with strawberries. YUM

You look younger in your photo...!!

 

I agree with Action.  I would have NEVER thought you to be 50.  You look alot younger.

 

I don't like you anymore.  lol  :P

Everything sounds so yummy!  Enjoy your party Soozie!

Hi Jackie, do you mean she made trifle in paper cases (cupcake cases ?) ... the hedgehog can be done with a potatoe, pineapple or even a watermelon ...

I can't remember what she made them in they were like plastic fluted cases small and she used to make the trifle in them,....my mum's other name was Wonder Woman lol love her to bits xx

You know what Soozie, if I won the lottery before your party I would love to hop on a plane as this bash your throwing sounds epic!

 

I can't wait to see pictures of the buffet, the costumes and the dance moves. Might do a 70's for my 50th you know, you've given me the buzz of it now.

  • Author

It wouldn't be a 70's party without The "Special" Brownies  now would it? 

(WARNING: NSFW (not safe for work) link - don't click above if you're at work)

 

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueEdYZxznGE

 

 

 

 

Easy Peasy

mmmmmmm ... funny you should say this ... but the darling children have offered to make me a batch with a warning attached ... lol

  • Author

You know what Soozie, if I won the lottery before your party I would love to hop on a plane as this bash your throwing sounds epic!

 

I can't wait to see pictures of the buffet, the costumes and the dance moves. Might do a 70's for my 50th you know, you've given me the buzz of it now.

it's compulsory dress up so if you do win the lottery don't forget your costume otherwsie I won't let you in lol  the othernight I was ptactising the moves with three of our children, they were good I just looked hideous xxx 

  • Author

I agree with Action.  I would have NEVER thought you to be 50.  You look alot younger.

 

I don't like you anymore.  lol  :P

I think it must be just a good photo Tiffany, but thanks anyway 

it's compulsory dress up so if you do win the lottery don't forget your costume otherwsie I won't let you in lol  the othernight I was ptactising the moves with three of our children, they were good I just looked hideous xxx

 

For sure;) I dance better if flat shoes so will get cracking sorting out a Jimmy Osmond costume. Rofl....

 

This reminded me of your theme, came on my mp3 today...Classic Soozie...classic!

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.