Day 2

Lilly

Day 2 is done but today I felt a little less upbeat than yesterday. 

The ulcer in my mouth seems to have moved it's friends in. I can now feel a few ulcers which is making eating virtually impossible due to the pain. I'm drinking plenty but I think I really could do with a proper meal. I thought I would have some soup tonight but for some reason I didn't even enjoy it. I don't know if that's because of the ulcers, if my taste buds are changing or if it's the two tubes of Bonjela I have tucked in my cheeks.

In a perverse way I'm actually enjoying what withdrawal is bringing. This is the worst quit physically I have ever had but I stuck it out and another day is done. 

I watched all the Joel Spitzer Day 2 videos today and gained more knowledge to keep me focused on the end goal. 

I'm now in Day 3.

Edited by Lilly
  • Like 6

Way to go Lilly.  Just keep hanging tough.  In the beginning it just seems to go so slow.  That nicotine will soon be out of your system and then it is just a matter of retraining your brain.

I do hope your ulcers heal soon.  I am sure your physician has given you the best treatment for them.  I do know how painful they are.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Lilly said:

In a perverse way I'm actually enjoying what withdrawal is bringing.

This is good, you are leaving the active addiction by going out, through the same door you opened to come in.

Do you remember when you first started smoking ???

I think we all do. Those first cigarettes were not something we liked at the beginning.

We had to pay the price of coughing and feeling dizzy, to become a proud smoker.

That was what happened when we opened the smoking door to the addiction, years ago.

Now, you must go through the same door to get out of where you were.

The price of your exit, is withdrawl symptoms, however the process of leaving involves much more time and discomfort.

Smoking sucked when we started.

Smoking sucked when we smoked.

Smoking sucked when we stopped.

What does this tell you ???

Your perverse feelings of enjoying withdrawl, show that you have had enough of this garbage.

Keep going and never look back, there was never anything good about smoking, it all sucked -  you are doing excellent !!!

Cristóbal

Edited by Cristóbal
  • Like 4

I too Lilly get somehow a feel of like euphoria here & their... its like a natural high I suppose..its weird but nice lol.

I'd try and plan for the downers, wheher thats watch tv in bed or eat crap sat doing nothing. . . anything Lilly 

Anyway Day 2.. Top Job!!! ?

• Like 3