Our Gardens

Sazerac

Afraid they are in the compost now ? Like I said before ..... she won't even look for them tomorrow before we have to go out so, I'm home-free ?

Those giant bastard possible weeds will not wreck my lawn now for sure! If they really were some kind of mutant flower then well, too bad for them ?

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, reciprocity said:

I say it's a spring weed!

Wifey says it's flower and don't dare pull them out! What say you?

Should I be bold and just yank them out?

msdml5.jpg

They are  beautiful PURPLE irises ya numpty..!!!!!!!

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, reciprocity said:

maintenance.gif

TOO LATE ?

izt35e.gif

I hope all the birds shit wild violet seeds on your lawn 10 fold... hell I might  even hire a crop duster to do it too..

ya miserable ba****d...

Oh and a weed is only an unloved or unwanted flower...!!

Edited by Wee fluffy me
  • Haha 3

Now I never usually condone violence ?but those beautiful wee irises were sitting there being beautiful and minding there own beeswax when... oh and talking of bees they needed the pollen..so it turns out he is an iris bee murderer.. Mmmmm skelped over the head with a shovel is too quick.. hung up by the short and curlies is more apt...

And I too would love irises in my garden @notsmokinjo But every time I plant I only ever get 1 year bulbs for in my soil ??

• Haha 1

Now the shepherd pup has weeded all the flower beds of anything that wasn't a geranium that's about all I have out the back. Out the front there's some trees and a shit load of aggis, aggapanthus.. they are all along the fence line... but no flowers at the moment.

s-l300.jpg

• Like 3

Oh My Giddy aunt.. 

They are sooooo beautiful Jo 

I luv luv luv aggis Sooooooooo much, but haven't got them (have planted them many times but think the pesky squirrels nick them) I've just got alliums...

That's it I'm gonna plant more ?

• 1 month later...

Does anyone here have experience planting and harvesting grape vines?  I've got a little garden spot on my property and I've decided to try my hand at growing muscadines.  I'm going to start building the trellises soon.  I'll do some soil work during the fall and plant the vines in March or April of next year.

I'm brand new at this so any firsthand knowledge will be greatly appreciated.

4 hours ago, Boo said:

Does anyone here have experience planting and harvesting grape vines?  I've got a little garden spot on my property and I've decided to try my hand at growing muscadines.  I'm going to start building the trellises soon.  I'll do some soil work during the fall and plant the vines in March or April of next year.

I'm brand new at this so any firsthand knowledge will be greatly appreciated.

What do you want to know? If noone else answers I will ask my family viticulturists.

• Thanks 1

On 5/26/2018 at 8:32 PM, notsmokinjo said:

^^^ Um no, not a flippin weed... and purple... Fluffy will nut ya if you pull those out... They are flag iris ... I vote with Mrs @reciprocity

Ummm ..... forgot about this little romp I was havin with y'all :)

I know they are flowers and yes, the wife plants them and does a great job too. I would never mow them down and if I did, the wife would have me stones in a noose so ..............not to worry. Besides, they died off on their own after a couple of weeks.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

Ummm ..... forgot about this little romp I was havin with y'all :)

I know they are flowers and yes, the wife plants them and does a great job too. I would never mow them down and if I did, the wife would have me stones in a noose so ..............not to worry. Besides, they died off on their own after a couple of weeks.

Oh you wicked shit :D .... and we were called you the Iris killer and you were just havin a lend... or are you concerned you are now on some government watch list and your trying to save face.

• Haha 1