Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Those times when you realise what a dingbat smoker you were

Featured Replies

Yesterday I went and bought a very expensive air purifier. I won't say how much it was because I don't want to remember. I didn't buy an expensive air purifier because I'm rich and could afford to pay for the cleanest air possible. I bought an air purifier because sometimes my breathing isn't what it used to be and I get allergies etc. 

 

I grimaced as I handed over the money and thought of how many years I smoked with perfectly healthy, top functioning lungs. I felt like a dufas to say the least.

 

I can console myself and think at least I don't smoke now, and that really expensive air purifier is only 4 weeks worth of cigarettes which are expensive in Australia.

 

I'm six months quit and this is good, right!

 

So dear young peeps keep your quit and keep your lungs etc in good order.

 

 

No need to wince at the cost of that air purifier, you've earnt it. Hopefully it, along with your quit, will serve you awesomely well.

 

Great message GITW!

  • Author
1 minute ago, Sslip said:

No need to wince at the cost of that air purifier, you've earnt it. Hopefully it, along with your quit, will serve you awesomely well.

 

Great message GITW!

Thanks Sslip. You are kind.

Nah Givvy, nothing wrong at all with having an air purifier, and yes smokes are super expensive here and going up again in June. 6 months quit is great.

 

You know if it gets to bad you could move to Tassie, they have the cleanest air in the world, besides the poles.

Your 6 months quit is indeed good GITW.  It's great!

Good post. Enjoy the purifier.

  • Author

Thanks to both Jo's.

 

Tassie is cold Jo! F*^^% that! ?

 

I'd rather not to be able to breathe. tee hee.

 

BTW the purifier thing doesn't seem to be doing too much. I'll let you all know in a couple of days if it improves.

We use those salt lamps for my daughters room and the lounge... she has had much less asthma issues since we got it but might consider an air purifier if feedback is good.

  • Author
5 minutes ago, jillar said:

Congrats again on six months givein, please let me know how well it works. I was also thinking about getting one for the same reason as you

 

2 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

We use those salt lamps for my daughters room and the lounge... she has had much less asthma issues since we got it but might consider an air purifier if feedback is good.

I'll let you guys know. 

You are doing GREAT GITW!!! Just like all us other determined quitters here. There's nothing better we could have done for ourselves than quit this horrible addiction :)

 

I too would be interested in your longer term impression of the air purifier. I know where I live, in the winter, a humidifier is a must and I have often thought a purifier would do a lot to remove the dust mites and what not from the indoor air that is just constantly being circulated by the furnace fan. We literally don't crack a window from October to April or May so, clean fresh air is hard to come by.

Have you read about the Significance of Rewards ?

I need to find more science about it

but, what I know is,  an important part of rehabilitation includes re-routing the receptors in your brain to acknowlege natural reward and pleasures.

Nicotine robbed all these receptors and now, we can claim them back by rewarding ourselves.

 

Your machine is a great reward and it will be really nice when it you it gives you cleaner air,  your lungs are going to be so happy.

Your Lungs ARE so happy, you quit smoking and bought them a really nice gift.

 

It is your job to reward yourself intentionally and often while you are quitting smoking,  especially for the first year. 

After that,  with all that rewarding practice,  you realize,  it is always good to treat yourself kindly.

 

Great post GITW, and congratulations on your 6 month quit. I know what you mean about feeling like a doofus for smoking all those years. Hmm, what colour are our lungs by now?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.