Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

QuittingGirl

Moderators
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by QuittingGirl

  1. Turkey salad
  2. Nutmeg
  3. Thanks everyone! I know I am doing much better than I did. 😁 That first month was just terrible and now it's definitely not as bad, thank goodness!
  4. Okra stew
  5. When I was on it, I only had a couple of side effects. In the morning after I took my first pill I would get very nauseous for about a half hour. I had to lie down until it passed, and I think I had the nausea every morning for about a month. I also had very vivid dreams and some of them were very weird. Not nightmares though, just very vivid and colorful and kind of in 3D....I didn't mind them at all...LOL!! It didn't really put me in a bad frame of mind, but it did make me forget that I wanted to smoke. It really helped me a lot. Wellbutrin is also used to quit smoking. I believe it was discontinued but not sure if it was because of the mental issues, or because they said it causes cancer, but so do cigarettes. And, it wasn't like people were on it for that long, it was only a 3 month program. It certainly worked for me back then. It's unfortunate that I went back, but now I'm on the train again!! 😁
  6. Rainbow sushi roll
  7. Thanks everyone!! 😁 I'm doing better today and the urge didn't last very long last night. The first time I quit, I remember by 3 months I really didn't get many urges and it was so much easier back then. I wonder why? Maybe because I was on Chantix? What do you think?
  8. Thanks Jill!!! I am certainly not going anywhere....I am stuck on this wonderful forum!!! Thank you so much for your help!! Yes, the cravings are much less now then they were in the first month!! That was horrible...but I still do get them from time to time. I'm hoping in another few months, they will really be gone. You, Doreen, Brioski, Overcome, Reciprocity, Gus, DenaliBlues, intoxicated yoda, johnny5, and everyone else who has been so nice to me and helping me...sorry if I forgot other people's names, but thank you to everyone on this forum who has helped me in the past 2 1/2 months!!! 🥰🥰
  9. Thanks Jill, what do you mean by the 3s? Do you mean that I'm almost at 3 months quit? Yes, it passed...it just happened so quickly and I have to say that sometimes, I really do want to have a smoke. Is this normal after 2-3 months? I don't have the urge all the time, thank goodness, but once in a while I do get it!!
  10. I want to have a smoke tonight!!! I'm not going to, because I don't have any cigs, and I'm certainly not going out to get them!! I'm just going through a little, not a meltdown, just a little urge! I think it's normal? Is it normal? I know it's only 2 1/2 months, yeah so it's not easy as all of you know....but I'm doing the best I can!! Thanks for all your help, my friends!!! 🥰😁 I guess this will pass too, like it did in the beginning!! Thanks for listening everyone!! 😁
  11. Saffron rice
  12. Scallops
  13. Haggis
  14. Congratulations Doreen!!! What an amazing accomplishment you have achieved!!! And thank you so much for being on this forum and helping me through some very difficult times in my quit only a couple short months ago! 🥰 I look forward to sharing many more happy accomplishments with you! Have a great day, my friend, all the best to you!! 😁
  15. Onion tart

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.