Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

QuittingGirl

Moderators
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by QuittingGirl

  1. Yes, they know I quit and are very proud of me saying how great I'm doing. They were smokers like 40 years ago but never heavy smokers. Hopefully they will come around.
  2. Exactly Jill...that's why I can't figure them out. When I apologized to her, I even said I was mad at what my husband did. And she said, "I am still processing how I feel about your outburst and insanely rude and selfish behavior, very embarrassing in front of your mom and Rose" (that's our family friend). They are blowing this way out of proportion...totally ridiculous!!!!🙄🙄😬
  3. I am trying to let it go Jill, my friend on the other hand, and her husband are having a hard time letting it go. You are right, if it's that easy to lose a 53 year friendship, it wasn't much of a friendship to begin with. Thanks and I will keep you posted. At least I didn't go back to smoking!!👍
  4. I know, I know folks, I made a mistake, I was wrong!!🤔 BUT, I didn't commit a crime! I'm hoping they get over it! And, the thing is, her husband has done things like that several years ago but didn't think he was wrong, but he can accuse me of being wrong. The pot calling the kettle black...ohhh and he didn't quit smoking at the time!!! 🙄
  5. Ok folks this is basically what happened. Our friends came over on Sat afternoon. As you know I live in NYC and it’s been very humid here so I keep my air conditioner on…I don’t have central A/C, I have wall in the sleeve units. I’m sure many of you know what I’m talking about. Unfortunately, they don’t give even cooling like central A/C. So you can be in front of it and it’s freezing and be like 10-20 feet away and it can be warm, especially in the kitchen. Ok, trying to get to the point, I’m always very hot, my husband is always very cold (but he used to be hotter than me), my friend (the one who is not talking to me, is always cold), (her husband is hot but goes with what she says). Ok, so they came in the afternoon and everything was totally fine and then we went to dinner and everything was great as well. Before we left to go to the restaurant, I put my A/C in the living room (that is the unit in question), temp down to 68 degrees, but you have to realize since it’s the wall unit, and not central A/C, the cooling isn’t even. Ok so we went to eat and everything was great, then we came home and that’s when the problem started. My husband was not happy that I had the A/C on 68 degrees, and he shut it off completely. Well when I saw that, that’s when I got very mad. He never should have shut it off totally. If he would have turned it up a few degrees, everything would have been fine, and this would never have happened . So I got very annoyed and did a stupid, childish and asinine thing! After my husband shut off the A/C, I went crazy and opened the windows and turned on the oven out of spite, saying you like it hot here you go and yelling as well!! Yes, I was totally wrong, acting like an A$$h*le. And then I had to go to the bathroom and heard my friend’s husband say “I can’t take Sandi anymore and I am going, and kissed my husband, my mom and our family friend goodbye and left. So when I came out from the bathroom, they were gone, and I think you know the rest. So folks, that is what happened basically! Did I commit a crime, am I a terrible person? I know you don’t know me, like they do, but I don’t think they should ignore me for this many days! Ohh and believe me, they are not angels either!!
  6. Yes, and even they have done stuff as well. I hope she comes around, but I don't know, and I'm sure her husband won't either as he is more unforgiving than she is. My husband, my mom, and another friend of ours (family friend) were there too when this happened. My mom and our family friend were not mad, but said that I did a stupid and childish thing, which I know I did, and admitted it and apologized to everyone. My husband was mad, I apologized and now he has gotten past it. Unfortunately, the other friend and her husband are still holding a grudge and believe me, it doesn't warrant them carrying on for days!! 🙄🙄 One would think I committed a crime!! 🙄
  7. What I did was stupid, childish, spiteful and I was acting like an idiot, but it doesn't warrant not talking to me for days and holding a grudge. Hopefully she will realize that a 53 year friendship is very important and let's just get on with our lives.
  8. Thanks everyone, I will write more tomorrow about it!! It's been very upsetting to me the past few days, even though I apologized and admitted that I was wrong with what I did. Some people I guess don't care, *sigh* I don't know!!☹️
  9. Hi everyone, Have you ever dealt with a friend/family member who has given you a very hard time, (not involving cigs), BUT, giving you a horrible hard time and they don't want to talk to you for days? Right now I'm dealing with a friend who is doing this to me. The other day I made an idiotic mistake in my home. I was acting like an A$$ and I did a stupid thing and I admitted that I did a stupid thing. Unfortunately, she and her husband don't want to talk to me, but yet, in the past they have made several mistakes as well and I forgave them. I am trying to deal with this...AND....YAY FOR ME, I HAVEN'T SMOKED!! But, how do I deal with this... BTW, my friend is a 53 year friend, I know her since 1970 and her husband is a 46 year friend!! Basically, a lifetime...and I am getting ignored and a hard time from them. I need your help!! Thanks so much everyone!!!!🥰
  10. WOW!!!! Congratulations Robin! That is wonderful!! 2 months is a wonderful accomplishment, keep up the great work!!!!
  11. Turkey salad
  12. Nutmeg
  13. Thanks everyone! I know I am doing much better than I did. 😁 That first month was just terrible and now it's definitely not as bad, thank goodness!
  14. Okra stew
  15. When I was on it, I only had a couple of side effects. In the morning after I took my first pill I would get very nauseous for about a half hour. I had to lie down until it passed, and I think I had the nausea every morning for about a month. I also had very vivid dreams and some of them were very weird. Not nightmares though, just very vivid and colorful and kind of in 3D....I didn't mind them at all...LOL!! It didn't really put me in a bad frame of mind, but it did make me forget that I wanted to smoke. It really helped me a lot. Wellbutrin is also used to quit smoking. I believe it was discontinued but not sure if it was because of the mental issues, or because they said it causes cancer, but so do cigarettes. And, it wasn't like people were on it for that long, it was only a 3 month program. It certainly worked for me back then. It's unfortunate that I went back, but now I'm on the train again!! 😁
  16. Rainbow sushi roll

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.