Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Devil Doll

Social Media
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Devil Doll

  1. Nope, not today.
  2. Devil Doll posted a topic in Celebrations!
    Six years ago. I spent a majority of the holidays in the hospital with random breathing problems. I was 100lbs overweight, I was severely diabetic with a host of health issues. I smoked three packs of Newports a day. On December 30th I found a message board, I read through the posts of a member. I read his posts from the beginning when he started and I discovered at the end, the day before I found the board, he died. I made my decision. I set my date, “New Year, new me”, I ran out early and decided to not take the 5 minute drive to the store. I started early. I made my first post and I leaned hard on the members because I needed them to help me. I knew that the ones who were ahead of me knew what I was going through and they helped me conquer my craves and make it through day 1, day 3, week 1, month 1, month 6, year 1... etc. I made lifelong friendships out of strangers. I met the cheater stick ((Bakon)). I lost 100 lbs, I started running, I went back to school, I was accepted into nursing school this semester. These people helped to save my life. I owe them everything. If you are trying to make the decision on whether or not to do this, do it, it is worth it. It is not easy, it will test you, but the support that you receive here at QT with help you pass those tests. Happy New Year Quitters. I am proud of all that you have accomplished and of all of the people that are here changing their lives. I quietly pop in from time to time to see how you all are. ❤️❤️
  3. For my sixth year.... Nope
  4. I look through our messages often, I miss her so much.
  5. I will see if I can make the drive!
  6. The whisperers storyline is looking promising. The writing and direction of where they took the show lately has been garbage, hopefully this rest of the season brings the show back.
  7. Devil Doll replied to bakon's topic in Games
    16
  8. Two of my ‘must watch’ movies during the season are: A Christmas Carol (Patrick Stewart version) and It’s a Wonderful Life.
  9. Happy New Year!
  10. I made a decision after reading some posts of a member named JWG. JWG wrote eloquent words about his journey and somewhere in that journey he fell seriously ill, and through that illness (smoking related) he reached out to his fellow quit peers and newbies and tried to help them keep their quit protected. JWG passed away the day that I discovered that board and read through all of his posts. I was 100+ pounds overweight, I smoked three packs a day, and I had serious health issues. I made the decision to utilize the message board to help me quit. This was the best decision that I have ever made. Was it easy? No, but every day I checked in and I held myself accountable by pledging NOT ONE PUFF EVER (just for today). With the help of my fellow quitters and the quitters ahead of me I made it through. Soon the hours were days, days became weeks, weeks became months, and I was living them as a nonsmoker. 5 years have gone by and I am 100+ pounds lighter, my health issues are better. I run for fun ?, I am a nursing student (which is why I pop on here and then disappear for long periods), I have made real friends from this board that I have met. This board saved my life and even though I am not here as often as I would like to be I do check in to see all of the good that it continues to do. If you are a newbie, or lurking and just thinking of quitting, please do it. Yes, it will be hard at first but as the time passes you will find that you don’t even think about smoking anymore, it becomes a fleeting thought. Make the decision like I did, use this board, lean on the members, hold yourself accountable, it will be the best decision that you ever make! I know, TLDR. Thank you guys! I ❤️ you all! Happy New Year!! My hair is green Mammy!
  11. Devil Doll replied to bakon's topic in Games
    8
  12. Devil Doll replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -2
  13. Sooo, how about that Season 9 trailer? ?
  14. Congratulations Sandy!!! ❤️❤️
  15. Such an awesome story. Congratulations!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.