Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kris

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kris

  1. NOPE not gonna do it, but must admit at this time, on this day, i want to do it. Therefore, I refuse to take a shower, get dressed so I will not leave the house today. Was supposed to go to the doctor this afternoon but cancelled because I do not trust myself. K PS Am I the only one that uses this method?
  2. Katgirl, when you have time I want to know how you got from east to west. In the meantime enjoy your trip and remember you are not allowed to smoke within 50 feet of anywhere. Easy to stay on track. K
  3. You have to appreciate the help, people are not allowed to smoke anywhere, so really they are helping us quit. K
  4. I am still riding the train, don't stop at the station someone might try to get off for a smoke. (me ?) K
  5. Can I withdraw from this game? K
  6. Good Morning, I am watching Boys Town with Spencer Tracy, renews your soul K
  7. Yep they are swelling up again, don't worry going GP tomorrow afternoon about the quit. Will have her take a look. K
  8. Kris replied to jillar's topic in Socializing
    jillar, Now I understand why your profi8le pic is a bunny, I love my pups but I would to love to have a baby pygmy goat (but they do not allow them in the city). K
  9. Dear Anne This is going to be a weird question. Does the phrase "be gentle with yourself" mean anything to you. I once knew someone who used that as a tag line on a long ago site. Just wondering if you might be that Anne E. and we are meeting again by divine providence. Kris
  10. Welcome Anne, I am a newbie to this group. It is day 13 as a non-smoker. Could not have done it without these people. They are some supportive, smart, and let's not leave out funny folks. K
  11. It is a new day! We made it thru another day because I felt the same way last night. I wanted to wave the flag of defeat. Again I feel good, I did not keep any cigs and it was pouring rain, the thunder and lightning, kept me in check! My dogs went crazy, I am dreading the fire works. The 80# chow is the worst. Nonstop running around the house and this boy has a big loud voice. This was the first morning I woke up without that need to smoke first thing. You know we all don't like that one. I also know it will be back. I am grateful to have the break, however long or short. Linda I hope you wake with the same feeling and have a great day! K
  12. does anyone know that I am crying?
  13. Do you always shake your tail at peoples faces so they are distracted and they don't see your answer? Do you know that I just finished my drink and it's time to call it a night?
  14. Should I just call it a night?
  15. Can someone answer my questions? K
  16. Yeah, I agree, do you think I should have another drink?
  17. Just want to say I think the game is over and I lost, does someone need to start it over? Is Jillar so tricky all the time? Is Jillar rolling on the floor in laughter with tears running down her face? Does Kris need to call it a night?
  18. Oh my, will I ever escape the horror and humiliation. (I learned that I should not have a glass of whisky at my elbow when I am trying to play a game) My first instinct is to say, I don't judge anybunny about their appearance. But then I realized you were tricking me and I have lost the game. You were not after a pic were you? K
  19. My first instinct is to say, I don't judge anybunny about their appearance. But then I realized you were tricking me and I have lost the game. You were not after a pic were you? K
  20. I would rather have my eye poked out by sharp stick....I would rather have my teeth pulled with a pair of plyers....I would rather have burning sticks shoved under my fingernails.......Someone jump in here and give me some help with some more I would rather.... K
  21. I think I have started to many for a newbie. I just need the help to keep on track. This evening craving is bad but I will go pour myself a little drink then if it doesn't stop I will try to go sleep for awhile. K
  22. I would rather have my eye poked out by sharp stick....I would rather have my teeth pulled with a pair of plyers....I would rather have burning sticks shoved under my fingernails.......Someone jump in here and give me some help with some more I would rather.... K
  23. Do you think the beautiful smile will look like her beautiful heart?
  24. Does everyone agree that Katgirl should change her profile pic and give us a smile? K
  25. Katgirl, I don't remember hearing anything about that. How awful! This is going sound stupid but I don't watch the news. I got all the info I needed from our family friend. He was my husbands best friend from high school, mine too but we had known each other since second grade. After my husband passed he would call me daily to check on me. He always gave the weather report, what was going on in the stock market and anything else he thought I needed to know. I just would get depressed watching the news, the story you just told is the type of thing I would not want to know. Now I don't know a darn thing because he passed away in April of 2020. He was not close to his family so left his estate to my son. He had never married or had a child, so our son was also his son. In fact he is in my china cabinet (cremains) right next to my husband and his dog is laying at my feet. Can you imagine that his brothers did not want any ashes or the dog he loved so much. I still can't bring myself to watch the news. Yes, it will be nice to be able to celebrate our quit together. There are so many nice people on the board, wish we could meet them all. It is no wonder why I am depressed but as someone on the board talked about that we all had horrible things happen in our life. They said these things were not an excuse not take care of ourselves, quit for good. This person is right, we have to honor the ones we have lost, move past the bad stuff, so we can be here for the people who love us. K PS this is my first Christmas in July where I got a present!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.