Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gus

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Gus

  1. Congratulations Mac! 6 years is an awesome quit.
  2. I had an ugly quit. Realizing that I was truly an addict almost broke me completely. Me? An addict?! Yeah. Nicotine, my drug of choice. Crap totally rewired my brain. Sometimes I still can’t enjoy my second drug of choice, caffeine because ever since I quit smoking I’m hypersensitive to it. It’s something I can’t overcome. So I do have that reminder of having once been a smoker. That nicotine once controlled my whole life. So thankful that I suffered through the initial wuit and am still wuit 5 years later!
  3. Thanks everyone! I can’t believe 5 years has passed. It just doesn’t seem like it’s been that long. I remember crying tears of joy when I survived the first year and then it seemed that the more time that passed the less it felt like I had ever even smoked at all. Sometimes I feel like something is missing and I realize it for what it is, but this chic ain’t never going back to those chains. I appreciate each and every one of y’all.
  4. Thanks @DenaliBlues! I meant to log in on my anniversary date but it slipped my mind. HaHa I’m thankful to have come this far and also that you are still with us here. I need to do better. Thanks for support. You have always been solid and sound while helping us all along. I have appreciated your words on many occasions. 😊
  5. Congratulations @sgt.barney!
  6. Tossing in my approximate 29,500 unsmoked cigarettes in honor of @jillar! She was taken from us way, way too soon. I’m just so saddened to hear this. She helped me tremendously along my own quit journey. I will miss her. Thanks @johnny5! May the JillAir cigarette continue to help our future quitters and may her death not be in vain. 💔
  7. Gus commented on jillar's blog entry in Pick of the Week
    Spot on. ❤️
  8. Great decision in reaching out for all the support and resources available to you @tocevoD. Let’s get it done with a solid foundation and always, always coming here for the support needed during those overwhelming challenges life throws at us. We’ve all been there and are stronger for it. Looking forward to your next update!
  9. Gus replied to Cbdave's topic in Off The Record
    How are you, Chris? Hope you came through without much damage.
  10. Congrats Penguin! 4 coffees! I hope that you enjoyed them. I developed an intolerance to caffeine after I quit smoking. I still drink it but it makes me cry or I get extremely nervous. I was hoping it would go away after so much time but it hasn’t. I hate not enjoying my coffee like I used to.
  11. Congratulations on your two year quit, Bri. I hope that you are doing well.
  12. I love this post! Thanks for selecting it @jillar and kudos to @Sazerac
  13. This is awesome progress @Penguin! I hope that your first workout goes well. Stick to your plan and don’t overdo it. I look forward to your next update.
  14. Congratulations @Reciprocity and thank you ever so much for all of the assists during the early months of my quit. 🙌
  15. I have been stuck at 169.9lbs for over a month! I can’t make the scale budge either way. I would be ecstatic to get back to my self designated ideal weight of 140. The belly fat has become my nemesis. But I’m not suffering from joint pain or stiffness and my back hasn’t bothered me in over a month. My gait is more sure, lengthier, and faster. I’m becoming more and more toned. So all in all, I’m happy and feeling healthier.
  16. I used patches during my initial quit. They helped with the additional stress and anxiety I already suffered from. As far as I can recall within 2 months I quit using them as I forgot to apply one and realized I no longer needed them. I wish you well on your non smoking journey.
  17. Gus replied to Wendy's topic in Celebrations!
    Such a wonderful post @Wendy Congratulations on your ten year anniversary.
  18. Congratulations @BAT! This is awesome.
  19. Congratulations on your 23rd year Christian!
  20. Hopefully when you start seeing real results it will be different for you.
  21. Those are the basics Penguin. Very important to engage those core muscles. Helps with stability also and it’ll actually start helping those abs tighten up too. I have always enjoyed staying toned and have worked with free weights a lot. I can hardly wait to start seeing updates on your results!
  22. Happy 7th @notsmokinjo!!!
  23. Gus commented on jillar's blog entry in Pick of the Week
    One of my aunt’s house was just saturated with nicotine and tar and smoke residue. It smelled so badly. I remember sitting on the edge of the sofa because you could literally feel the stickiness of it on the fabric. After she passed they literally had to redo the sheet rock and the flooring. She died from a major stroke and my uncle passed from emphysema. They both smoked since they were young teenagers.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.