Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

TravellingSunny

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TravellingSunny

  1. What a triumphant feeling that must be for you! Sorry that you got second-handed, but congratulations on your one-year anny last month and keeping the quit! Very inspirational!
  2. TravellingSunny replied to joe's topic in Socializing
    Outer Banks is beautiful, and you should have decent weather for it! I only live a 30 minute drive from there, so it's a favorite day trip for me and mine.
  3. 3
  4. How long ago did your partner make this "announcement"? 18 years is a long time to just throw away.... anything that you can think of to have prompted it? I know if my husband (coincidentally of 18 years) made such an announcement, I would be a blubbering mess. So, I'll give you the advice that I would give myself. (I can't say I would follow my own advice, but I hope that I would.) Go take a walk. Just around the block. Sunshine is an excellent mood enhancer. Once you've taken that walk, open your blinds and curtains, open the windows if the weather is nice. Let mother nature soothe you a bit. Then, find a hobby. NOT TV. Puzzle, or knitting, or anything really. And if it's portable - BONUS! Take that hobby to your local park and sit in the sunshine while you play with your hobby. And, please try to have a nice long talk with your partner when you're able. Suggest counseling or working together in some other way to improve the relationship. It's never too late. Treat your partner the way you want to be treated - even if that's not how you're being treated right now. Keep making that person a priority. Hopefully, they will come around after a bit.
  5. What are you doing right now, Pumpkin?
  6. It's harder here at work than I thought it would be. At home, I can distract myself with music or television or books or crafts or housework or literally ANYTHING else. In this Accounting office, all is super-quiet while everyone is busy calculating numbers and trends, and I can't concentrate with music playing anyway --- but now I can't concentrate at all. GRRRR!!!!!
  7. You poor dear! I am so sorry that you are struggling. First of all - YOU DID NOT FAIL! You may have stumbled, but look at you. In the midst of a very dark period, you knew you needed help and here you are. And guess what? Here we are! Ready to support you. You will not get any lectures on your health out of me. Here's a question for you, though. How'd the cigarettes make you feel? After going almost a year without smoking, I'm guessing you got a little light-headed, and you probably also were able to pause or dampen the depression a little while you focused on that weird stick in your hand. Maybe? Are your circumstances any better now that you've smoked? Oh, honey, if at all possible, stop smoking them now. We won't judge you if you don't, because we've all been there. You can totally talk through your circumstances either here or through private messages if you're more comfortable. Smoking won't help. Not a single bit. You are obviously a very strong woman as evidenced by the fact that you had almost hit your one-year milestone. Pull on those reserves. Get back on the quit train!
  8. Moaning and Whining. It was only 12 minutes ago? Man, I just want to go home so I can go to sleep and be blissfully unaware of the constant smoking thoughts!
  9. 18
  10. I ate an entire one pound bag of strawberry Twizzlers on Saturday. I ate ANOTHER entire one pound bag of strawberry Twizzlers yesterday. Today, I brought a TWO pound canister of individually wrapped Twizzlers for my desk. Five hours later... it's half empty. If anyone's looking for a good stock investment... The Hershey Company in Pennsylvania. LOL!
  11. Octain - 4 Me - 3 5 What even is happening??? HAHAHAHA!
  12. G67 - 4 Me - 3
  13. 4
  14. 5
  15. 4
  16. 4
  17. 4
  18. 5
  19. 3
  20. ***WARNING: Potentially Offensive Content Below... Protect your sensitive feelings now by skipping this joke or, please, forever hold your peace*** A priest was fishing in the old country when he caught a really big fish. He hauled it up on the bank and this guy walked up and looked at it. He looked over at the priest and said, "Wow, that's a big son of a bitch!" The priest looked over and said, My son, I'm a man of the cloth. You shouldn't talk like that." The guy looks at him and says, "That's what we call those fish in this part of the country." The priest was like, oh, okay. So, the priest takes the fish back to where he lives and a nun walks up and says, "Wow, did you catch that on your fishing trip?" The priest proudly holds the fish up and says, "Yes, I caught this son of a bitch!" The nun looks at him and says, "Father!" The priest says, "That's what they call these fish where I caught it!" The nun says, "Would you like for me to clean that son of a bitch for you?" The priest says, "That will be fine." So the nun is carrying it to clean when another nun walks up and ask where she got it. The nun carrying the fish replies,"The father caught this son of a bitch!" The nun that asked says, "Sister!" The nun carrying the fish says, "That's what the father said they're called!" The other nun says, "I'll bake that son of a bitch after you clean it then!" Well, low and behold the pope shows up for dinner. Everyone finishes dinner and the pope is sitting there and he looks around, leans back and says, "That was a fine meal you cooked for the Pontiff." Well the priest didn't want to be outdone and he jumps up and exclaims, "I caught that son of a bitch!" The nun that cleaned it jumps up and says, "I cleaned that son of a bitch!" Well the other nun didn't want to be left out and she jumps up and says, "And I baked that son of a bitch!" Upon hearing this the pope looks around and says with a loud voice, "You know what? You motherfuckers are alright!"
  21. WOW! Powerful stuff. I absolutely love this! But, wait, what? Changed my DNA? I've got some googling to do...
  22. But, the important thing is that you didn't. And, even if you had a lighter available, I doubt you would have. Wanna know why I think that? 'Cause you COULD have asked the Fran Drescher lady for a match. You could've asked the check-out lady. Heck, you could have taken a few butts with you and asked motorcycle guy for a light. But, you didn't. This probably won't be your last foray into questioning how strong your quit is... but as long as you are questioning it - you're thinking straight and not smoking. GOOD ON YOU!!
  23. -1
  24. -2

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.