Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (â‹®) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

jillar

Moderators
  • Joined

Everything posted by jillar

  1. Hope you and your folks stay safe @johnny5, it doesn't look good for the Carolinas either 😞
  2. I knew I needed to quit so I prepared by quitting smoking in the spots I normally smoked so that when I did quit I wouldn't associate those places with smoking. Mainly my garage. Then on Memorial day weekend 2016 I just decided not to buy anymore cigarettes. I didn't tell anyone until about day three when I told my husband. Him being a never smoker helped by going with me if I had to go out because I didn't trust myself not to buy cigarettes.
  3. My hardest part probably was the insomnia and the constant thinking about cigarettes
  4. Hurricane warning now in effect for Merritt island 😞
  5. Instead of reporting how many hours until day 1 why don't you try reading some threads on this addiction? Maybe something will click? You seem to only be coming on to announce your hour but I really think reading some of these threads will help you succeed
  6. Yay Abby, congrats on 8 months quit today
  7. Ditto for me Phil, they're everywhere lol
  8. What do you think we're trying to do?
  9. 1 is the lie. I would love to foster animals but I would fall in love with them all and end up keepsakes Nguyen them so I can't. Yes reciprocity I do feed my animals, fish too, at the same time everyday and adjust it for the time change lol. @Linda Thomas, you're up
  10. I love this post Linda, it so describes the journey we were all honored to watch you take. The one where you discovered your self worth, xoxo
  11. Underachieving cone head
  12. Everyone arrived really late yesterday Areas
  13. You're doing great Roark, sounds like an awesome day. I refused to give up my Coors light when I quit smoking so I made sure to drink a couple everyday so it wouldn't trigger me. I love your profile pic. Is that your 19 year old? My girl is 15 now and hearing stories like yours makes me hopeful my Cookie will live at least that long too
  14. The outlooks much better for all you east coasters compared to earlier this week, yay!!
  15. jillar replied to Colleen's topic in Games
    Natural
  16. 12 hours? Don't you mean day 2?!
  17. The trajectory looks much more promising today. Hopefully it stays out to sea all the way up the coast and brings only heavy thunderstorms to the coastal states.
  18. @Roark, the emotions you're feeling are completely normal for where you are in your quit. Some of us get angry and others get sad. And yes, it is much better than smoking! You are doing great and just keep reminding yourself that this too shall pass and once it does you'll see just how worth it all this misery was
  19. I used to rock in my dad's recliner for hours listening to their l.p.'s as a kid....
  20. jillar replied to beazel's topic in Games
    Why do fools fall in love
  21. Taking early retirement
  22. Television remotes are in livingroom Fresh
  23. Are you peeking in my window?! 😄😄
  24. @mightyboosh, you can also create one at http://www.sincemylastcigarette.com and you may have better luck with it working
  25. Shrimp and vermicelli over rice Stops

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.