Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

notsmokinjo

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by notsmokinjo

  1. Heading east to a polling booth to hand out how to vote cards. In Australia, we have our elections on Saturday because we use the school halls as polling booths and it's compulsory to vote (fines if you don't vote) so Saturday works best. Bonus, the school can have a sausage sizzle and cake stall to raise money.
  2. Right now I am queueing to vote. Then I'll be getting a democracy snag for the kid.
  3. 7. The eskys (coolers, chilly bins)
  4. 1. Style your hair into a trendy, messy bun. So this is a ring in answer from my Dad.... 2. Touch up the pumpkin flowers to pollinate them incase there aren't any bees....works fir the peaches, apples and lemons too...just need a different brush for each. (He really does this...every year...well to the pumpkins at least)
  5. notsmokinjo replied to Linda's topic in Socializing
    Get well soon Roz...hoping it stays mild. Despite being tripple vaxed I still opt for a mask at 5he shops. I don't care if it's not mandatory, I feel better with it. I'm guessing BINAXX tests are what we call RAT Tests down under. The kids all have to do 2 a week before school, Monday and Thursdee mornings. Most of our restrictions are gone now but numbers are higher than they have ever been. Worse still we are preparing for a really bad flu season.
  6. 7. Slash someone's tires. Not saying I would, but you could ya know.
  7. 7. Poofs
  8. notsmokinjo replied to Tink's topic in Games
    Gingernut snap
  9. I had to go to 3 Bunnings to find the springy door stop things and only 1 of those trips was a weekend so only one chance for the kid to score a bunnings sausage sizzle, she claimed she was ripped off. Bunnings is like a home depo, only better and with charity bbq sausages.
  10. 3. Scale a fish
  11. So my little niece named after an expensive bottle of wine had her first birthday. The other side of her family is loaded and Christmas was a joke with them trying to out present us. So I opted for home made pressies.... First I ripped off @Boo's busy board idea and made this lovely little activity table... And then I made her this rag quilt with a matching one for Dolly....
  12. @Katgirl just wanted you to know I'd be sending prayers to you and your family from down under. I had a little cousin with a similar condition, she was in the heart ward at our kids hospital in Melbourne way back in the 1980s.... she grew up doing everything the rest of us did, even played state level basketball as a teen and has had 2 kids.....she would never have made the Opals (Aussie national team) but she doesn't miss out on much....advances are made every day and in the over 30 years since she was born. Plus...us September babies are a special breed
  13. Not sure what happened yet.... 1 minute I was sitting at my desk processing the banking .... next minute someone's telling me to get out there is a fire....within 2 minutes it went from nothing to that video. Everyone got out safe so the evac plan worked. One of the blokes went back into the warehouse to get someone but everyone will be OK. Lucky.
  14. Farken Fridee 13th you **** on a day..... so this is my work 2mins after they evacuated us.... 20220513_085748.mp4
  15. Guess wot... for something new I'm baking bickies....lol. special request from one of the blokes at work for his daughter.... here's a pro tip though....when stiring boiling butter to see if it's burnt enough DO NOT splash yaself cos it burns like buggery.
  16. So happy mothers day to me, and all the other mums... I'm about to make some thick gravy (um I think you yanky doodles might call wot we call gravy something else cos your gravy is very pale and lumpy) to mix with the rump I slow cooked yesterday (brisket?).. to make little pies/pastizzi. I've got the roast chook and bacon breadbaskets in the oven... the vegan spag bol mix is cooled and ready to go into the vegan pastizzi...ice coffee bickie (cookies) dough is in the oven just chillin and I'm about to start the medejaci (Serbian honey biscuits). But right now, this second, I'm having a cuppa.
  17. Oh I omly bake at 3am because of insomnia. Got a request for fairy bread bickies from the guy at works 3yo...so cute...will whip some up before work Monday. Will be a big baking day tomorrow for the mothers day hampers for my mum and my ex nanna, She is the kids Great Nanna so I still get her stuff.
  18. Baking....cos wot else does one do at 3am on a work day.... although reckon I should made something Mexican themed instead of Vietnamese Ice coffee bickies (cookies).
  19. 1. Chrome.... if you were desperate for a high.
  20. Sending healing gibes across the sea to Linda and her fur baby. Also trying to convince my little sisters to come play in a masters softball tournament with me...probably will be my last hurrah in the sport because my body is too decrepit.
  21. It's nearly over but with today being one of the most significant ones on the Aussie and Kiwi calenders I wanted to post up some songs to honour all those who served, especially those who never came home. Standing at the cenotaph for an hour or so on a cold Melbourne morning once a year is never enough to honour those who have sacrificed so I might have the life I do. They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old; Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning We will remember them. Lest We Forget. Cos the only Navy songs I know are about Teddy Shean and I've posted them all before.
  22. NOPE..... special shout out to @Cbdave....thanks for your service mate always send a thought your way while I'm standing at the days service.
  23. 8. Lock up the zips on your travel bags so no sneaky drug dealers can put stuff in.
  24. 2. Hold the Chrissy lights in place when you string em round ya veranda.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.