Everything posted by Still winning
-
New rider on the train
A 2 week quit is amazing work!! 12th March is an awesome quit date too ;) Pleased you found the train. Take your time and have a look around. Don't be daunted by allt the bits and pieces just meander round and find your bearings. Looking forward to talking toyou. x
-
Counting it down for our Chrysalis!!!
1 day to lobster (and quit) :) Time to get excited!!!
-
3002
G'wan Jess!!! Love it!! It really does get easier and those milestones are worth celebrating :) You rock my lovely chicky. xx
-
Get Hard
I'm not gonna tell lies...I am slightly dissappointed by the content...at worst I expected to giggle, at best a chance of, well, more than a cinema excursion. Sad times.
-
Friday 27th Nope pledge
There is not a day that goes by that I do not smile at one point about being free from nicotine!! Our march away from addiction never gets old, nor does our willingness to support others to do the same!! Keep the Quit NOPE!!
-
Tough Love
good for you Jackie, hang on when times are tough...those are the times that reinforce your quit. x
-
Can We Have A Curse It Thread(With warnings) As sometimes I Just Wanna FFFFFFFFFFFF
WHO'S F UCKING AWESOME... I'm fcuking awesome (with maybe a dash of modesty issues!)....I only bloody got 100% in my computer test and no one asked me....anywhere in my life, well apart from Chris but that was neccessity driven an all.... Boom!! Well apart from in my head I've been sing the sodding lego movie song ever since I heard of "everything is awesome" lol.
-
"Don't Quantify It..."
Had the same convo and the same fears... Unfounded though :) As is your fear. People will always be, well, people...be better. xx
-
humbled got 8 months in the pocket!
Aww Tom, I'm made up for you, this is amazing news and it really does feel like you've just been here forever. 8 months free and counting..couldn't be more delighted. xx
-
Avatars names nicknames and General nonsense
Marti, short for Martine which just sounds more exotic and european than I can pull off :) Smarty rhymes with marti.... although in my head it's because I'm very clever!! I don't change my avatar that often as I have no idea how to do it, I can only change it when Joe goes stalking through my facebook and picks the pictures that he likes ;) I heard vicious rumours of harem style of eggs (ladies) via Mr Bakon when I arrived at the boards. I've aways been a free spirit though and I can't be tamed!! I did meet the egg manager once tho, he got me drunk :wacko: .
-
Can We Have A Curse It Thread(With warnings) As sometimes I Just Wanna FFFFFFFFFFFF
That's fukcing rubbish. You know where I am with all my weird shit if I can help. Gabby, Sorry chick but fcuk doing that shit again, those days are done! No battle, keep their smoking the fcuk away from you. 3 dumbasses don't make a problem solved and you know that. Much love. x
-
Comfort
I used all sorts early days, multiple things like physically switching from foot to foot, water, lots of food, distraction, meditation etc. Then I found breathing deeply, in for 4 outfor 4 until it passed. I still use that for stress now without thinking about it, auto pilot to deep breaths. Was my biggest win for coping.
-
"Don't Quantify It..."
You are already a non smoker, sometimes we forget that there is no fight hey. So when your friends ask, tell them you don't smoke, tell them you're a very proud non smoker. If they try and quanitfy a timespan..smile sweetly and repeat...cause it's done. Now it's about recovering and finding your new life :)
-
Spring Options
For the home I've become obsessed with fresh linen or cotton scents. For the washing I like the flowers, I am currently sporting a blueberry and jasmine fabric softener...everyone sniffs them all in the aisle's before they buy right? I sometimes get funny looks but what if you didn't like it! Bathrooms I'm lemon scents apart from my bathroom is ocean breeze cause it was a pretty blue. I'm on angel, ghost and j'dor perfumes and swop and change depending on my mood. ALso have two day perfumes but can't remember what they are lol. I have a bunch of different scented candles. I have scent issues..... But in my defense my house does often smell of stale smoke so I desperate try and air through and replace the smell
-
Withdrawl Problem
hey Tyme, I know the medical people love them a bit of NRT here, I found anything I added had a reaction and like you would be hesitant to go back there. Maybe get a 2nd opinion. YOUR gut instinct says it's not what you think and I kinda think we should trust that but I like you are in contact with them to be on the safe side. I always think there's no harm in asking the advice and questions, both here and of the medical profession. Neither have judgement. x I think what he's saying is nicotine releases endorphins (feel good chemicals) into our brains...which gives us a speedy high. Exercise does the same as that and if you're moving less than you're going the opposite way to happy highs? We all suffered with moods when we quit. For sure the stuff in cigarettes is out of this world compared to what we believe, no doubting it. Some days I was so fed up I could barely keep it together but on other days I was running natural highs...and you seem to be missing out on those? Or are you swopping and changing? Maybe start thinking about some things that naturally lift your mood as an aide? Music, yoga (lots of seated yoga on you tube that's free to try), meditating (again lots of how to's and music on you tube), reading etc...that sort of thing insterspersed with treats and start trying to lift yourself a bit at a time. I don't have depression but I do have anxiety and I have it controlled now with doing bits and pieces over some time and building up coping techniques for myself and would be happy to chat about alternatives if you're interested, I used lots of crystals and mantra's etc. Feel better tyme. xx
-
Withdrawl Problem
No advice but I wanted to offer a gentle hug. And maybe a reminder that not everything is the quit, sometimes it just the time ya know. I would get some advice to be on the safe side but also want to reassure you my "new normal" didn't settle for around 4/5 months. Much love tyme, you are doing amazing and I'm so pleased you could post. xx
-
Nay Nay you've got 10 months!
Renee, get out the meditation room and come check in :) Double digits now tho, you beauty!! Pleased as punch for you my friend. Hope your new life is treating you well. x
-
Sandar has 8 months WHEEHAA!
Goodness Sandy I remember talking to you when you were going in, such a powerful mindset that I just knew you had it nailed. Actually remember thinking, dunno why I'm talking to this lady, she has more of a clue than I do!! haha. So it makes each celebration special, to see you hit these milestones as you were always destined to do! You inspire me to try harder, you're a very special lady. Much love. x
-
Rowlys got 3 months!!!
massive congrats on 5 months running man :) Doing amazing!! x
- 24 March NOPE
-
Ava's StayCation vs. Diet poll
Who voted yes!! I told ya, I'll yell at ya for free...and I'd let you cheat on holidays (a staycation is a holiday right...what's even going on with that...a "stay" at a "vacation" resort? What's the problem with holidays?) Anyway, I say cheat and work extra hard when you get home!
-
Sigh. . .
I'm pleased for you that you have a plan. Hoping the garden brings you some joy despite what it isn't. x
- 23 March NOPE
-
Bakon's Daily Attendance Tracker -
I am here without wine...shocking!
-
Embarrassing...
Did we all get it...well this came up powerfully in my one year thoughts: Then came the deeper understandings. I cried the day I realized I would never have "just one" again. It felt like a grieving moment. I knew it was sick, but it was hard for me. I hated the cravings/triggers, how very dare they try and come for me, I raged, I cried (A LOT) and one godawful night in April some precious folk talked me down off the most horrible emotional ledge, I still cry if I read my own SOS from back then. I felt like I literally was in battle with myself. How do you make it through? Exactly as you're doing!! You simply don't put anything in your mouth and set it on fire and then you've won! You are already a non smoker, so a thought to smoke is only a thought. (You might be fabulous but I have MANY dumb thoughts and I push them out too.) Tell it! yeah literally, tell it to go forth, it can't have you, you're going to be free (gritted teeth are acceptable) So yeah that's the bad side...let's flip it! How many good thoughts do you have where you feel proud you are a non smoker now. The relief at not having to find a place to smoke. You can buy stuff cause woohoo, you have some money now! For some people they just quit and are all "TADA" non smoker :) Some of us have to process the thoughts and emotions, it just is what it is. March on through. Thoughts can't do anything to you, smoking is bad news! Going to bed to regroup is all good. Live to fight another day. xx