Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reciprocity

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Reciprocity

  1. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -5
  2. ^^^ LOL The wife may just cancel my ticket ..... in more ways than one
  3. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -7
  4. Should I bring the wifey ................. wait, maybe better to just leave her at home
  5. You are probably right Jetblack. It will go from freezing to stinking hot in no time ..... just can't wait for that day to arrive. Done with winter for now thanks That BS last night trying to fill my car with gas was just fukcin ridiculous though!! I thought I was gonna die. My man-parts are sill hiding out somewhere on the inside my body
  6. Nice update Marie What you said seems pretty normal to me, from my recollection of my early quit. I always thought of smoking as a physical thing so the fact that it's the mental urges that end up taking the longest to over come was a little surprising to me. I had both too - mental and physical. For me that uneasy, jittery feeling manifested in short temper, easy to become frustrated etc. That was with me longer than I would have liked but, all this stuff eventually disappears as you re-learn how to live your life without turning to smokes all the time as some kind of emotional band-aid? Now days, for me, when something in my life happens that stresses me or pisses me off .... I don't immediately think of going for a smoke, which is what I would have done before so, yeah .... it takes time but it does happen.
  7. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -10
  8. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -10
  9. Still have not heard even 1 word uttered on TV sports news or local internet news feeds about these games even taking place. You sure you're not just making this sh*t up
  10. Great work buddy!! You've reached the 1/4 year mark and things will only get even better from here on. Just stay focused on the ultimate goal and you'll do fine Hey, why not treat yourself to something special? I hear Bakon's got one of his bike's up for sale
  11. Great job Kate! 1st month is absolutely the most challenging to get done. Keep up the good work and check in here to let us know how you're doing
  12. Nice one! Glad it worked out well for you. I thought you would be fine
  13. The wife and I were out tonight and I had to put gas in the car. Well holy fukc!!! 100 km per hour winds (65 MPH) and -8 degrees feels like someone is shoving frozen needles into every orifice of your body all at once!! That is one fukcin painful 5 minutes I never want to repeat again if I can avoid it!!!! And then; I get back in the car and the wife's like "what was all the swearing about? I could hear you from inside the car!" Are you fukcing kidding me???
  14. No shit eh? And all the plows have been put away for the season too so, back to basics in keeping the roads clear
  15. Yay!! Canucks going for Gold in Snow Swimming! This might take awhile tho
  16. Hope this goes well for you. I'm pretty sure it will because as others have stated, traveling as a smoker, your anxiety level gets ramped up just because you can smoke for a long period of time. You won't be dealing with that now at least. I'm thinking you'll find it easier now.
  17. Anyone else going to get snow and below zero temperatures this weekend or is Mother Nature just fukcing with us Canucks?
  18. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    3
  19. The deep breathing exercises I too found helped a lot with the feelings of anxiety I would get with the strong craves. I ended up sucking on small mints a lot as well early on. Probably wouldn't recommend that though because of the sugar content.
  20. Yes, the challenging days do still come from time to time, even after that 1st month but .... they don't come as often because you have already figured out how to battle against the addiction. Part of the issue I found was that at your stage of my quit, I was just tired of the constant battles. I did manage to find the strength to keep fighting and that's what YOU now must do! Remember, every battle you do with this monster and win .... it gets weaker and you get stronger. Fight through these tough days. They won't be around at this intensity much longer.
  21. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    +1
  22. I'm already leading in the Baby-Blow Up contest
  23. Nice work Ela!! You will be half way to the Lido Deck next month That's fantastic!! Those months are really starting to add up now Give me a Hi-5!! Well, my arm won't reach all the way to Germany so .... give yourself a Hi-5 for me Celebrate this milestone today
  24. Great job Rory! Your at the 1/4 year smoke free mark now. You are building a very strong quit. Take a little time to celebrate and reward yourself in some way for overcoming all the challenges along the way. It ain't easy but ... it's so worth it in the end

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.