Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trish

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Trish

  1. Hi Sue! What a wonderful decision for you and your children! Congratulations on 6+ months!!
  2. Jimmy that's awesome to hear. Third time's the charm right?
  3. I don't drink coffee...hubby does and he tells me to get whatever's on sale. :)
  4. Now it's working.
  5. Anyone sign in on a phone or tablet yet? I a trying to on my kindle and I can click on "Create Account" but it won't let me click on "Sign In". Anyone else having an issue?
  6. Hi

    Trish replied to beacon's topic in Introductions & About Us
    Hi Beacon!
  7. Awesome Juan! It's the best decision you will ever make. You are going to do great!
  8. Ok thanks!
  9. 9
  10. Thanks so much for this message board and your website! So happy to be here!
  11. Trish posted a topic in Socializing
    SPRING :D Beautiful Weather Flowers Hummingbirds SPRING :angry: Mowing Weedeating Fire ants
  12. Where do you enter your quit date? On your profile somewhere or just in the calendar?
  13. Congratulations!!!
  14. Thanks El Bandito..I have read Album's thread...it's a great read. I also find Allen Carr's Easy way very helpful. I read it twice before and started it again when I began this quit. I found myself skimming through/not really reading it. I kept thinking..."oh I remember this part" or "oh I know what point he is making here". So yesterday I stumbled onto another book of his "The only way to stop smoking permanently". So I bought it. Only got through a couple pages before I fell asleep but I read in some reviews that it was more detailed...some said easy way didn't work for them but only way did. So I think it will be good to see the same concepts in a different book, more examples, etc. I still don't think I will read a book and never think of smoking again but I believe it will be helpful.
  15. Hi Marti! Glad to see you here!
  16. 21 months is amazing! Happy to see you here!
  17. Congratulations!!!
  18. Congratulations, Colleen! Amazing!
  19. 5
  20. Hi guys...happy to be here!
  21. I am happy to see some familiar faces here. I'm Trish and I am a nicotine addict. As you will see I have two tickers. I decided to quit smoking on Feb. 8, 2014. I have relapsed twice. :( Once at 18 days, I believe it was and the last was this past weekend. I keep these two tickers because I believe that quitting smoking is a journey, not an event. In the past when I have tried to quit, it has been an event: run out of cigs, try not to smoke as long as possible and then run out and buy a pack within 24 hours. This time, quitting has been a journey/a process. I started this journey 1 month, 3 weeks and 4 days ago, and it encourages me to see that I have done so much better than I have in the past. I am not happy that I have relapsed. In fact I was devastated. However I am thankful that I am one of the lucky ones and that I did not go back to being a full blown smoker. (Maybe someone's lookin out for me...) Anyway, I am done feeling ashamed and feeling sorry for myself over relapsing. I am so happy to be back on the quit train and determined to make this my sticky quit. There are several differences between this quit and the ones in the past. Most importantly I WANT to quit this time. In the past, I did it because I knew it was the right thing to do or people kept telling me I should, etc. But I didn't really want it. This time I do. This time is different. In addition, this time I have support and education. I have many of you to thank for that. I am so appreciative for all of the support you have given me and I only hope that I am able to pay it forward in the future.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.