February 15, 20188 yr So sorry to hear this BTR! Everything you said is so true about falsely believing you can "trick" the addiction. The addiction is really "tricking" YOU! I can understand you are devastated and very disappointed in what has happened but USE this experience as a lesson to be applied toward your permanent quit! We are all addicts BTR, all of us. No one is special. No one can play in both worlds and get away with it. That's what the very simple pledge of NOPE is all about. Not One Puff Ever. Because for all of us, one puff leads to one cigarette and one cigarette leads to a pack a day or worse. It's the same for all of us! No special snowflakes in this addiction. Now, jump right back on this train and do it right this time! NOPE every day. Come here and post as much as you can. Seek advice. Read all you can. Vent, ask questions or just ramble on about your day. It will help keep you focused. Come on now .... give me your hand! Edited February 15, 20188 yr by reciprocity
February 15, 20188 yr Backtosmokin you are a typical Window licker. We all have licked a window so don't take it bad. Only one piece of advice. Wipe your ass with the rest of the videos and advice. I promise you it is best. If you got the guts and can push through......sorry form the long windup.... NOPE. That simple. Say it a hundred times an hour at first.
February 15, 20188 yr I seriously don’t know what to say. I think everyone has already said it. If you believe in a higher power, prayer helps. Smoking seriously does nothing for anyone. Takes away our money, our time and our health. ( but not necessarily in that order)
February 15, 20188 yr Yeah like bakon said. Something about wiping your ass with the window you just licked. That is one thing - the third day, week, and month can hit pretty hard. I was doing great until month three when just like out of nowhere, I wanted to smoke. Never actually caved though.
February 15, 20188 yr Awww B!!!...sad to read this...you threw away your wonderful quit..sounds like you still thought smoking did something for you ...OK...that being said.. Your first class seat is still empty....let's get going... Read and watch everything again...take the daily pledge.. Once you promise yourself and the board ,you will not smoke that day...you keep your promise.... I'm sure you don't need me to remind you...people are dying everyday because of a smoking related illness.... The only one your not being true too is yourself...sneaking the odd smoke ,is you... fooling yourself... Let's get this done.....stay close,post often,join in the fun..all these help to get you through it....
February 15, 20188 yr > I will never take another puff of a cigarette. No matter what. My final cigarette was smushed out at 10:30 a.m. on January 18th, 2018. EZPZ
February 16, 20188 yr 12 hours ago, Jetblack said: Sarge, surprised to hear you had a relapse? LOL. You must be new here. Sarge honors his committments ... but he forgets that not everyone was around in the old days (80's and 90's) on The InterWebs. We didn't used to have fancy browsers and aps n' such. We quoted like this: > This is a quoted line > this is another quotedl line. > > Sarge, surprised to hear you had a relapse? > Did I read that right? > > End quoted text Quoted content was prepended with the ">" character. Sarge will use this site's quote feature in the future to avoid any further confusion. EZPZ
February 16, 20188 yr That makes sense about quoting. I wasn't on the web or knew much about computers until about 2000. When I see this thread title though it still makes me think of someone getting divorced. I think of my divorce as the time I lost 250 pounds overnight.
February 16, 20188 yr 10 hours ago, sgt.barney said: ... but he forgets that not everyone was around in the old days (80's and 90's) on The InterWebs. We didn't used to have fancy browsers and aps n' such. We quoted like this: I typed out the perfect response, but someone picked up the phone and I lost my connection.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.