Going Cold Turkey!

Boo

I'm in a tough spot here folks.  My gifs don't work anymore and now I'm having difficulty posting memes as well.

Perhaps I've become too dependent on gifs and memes in my posting.  So now may be the time to make a clean break.

However, I do worry that I may not be able to sufficiently communicate my know-it-all and smartass ways using only the written word.

I found quitting smoking easier than expected.  I'm worried that withdrawal from goofy internet stuff may prove more difficult.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Kind of interesting how there are habits harder to break than smoking. I expected to be flopping around on the floor screaming based on thinking heroin or crack would be harder to break. I ain't never done those though.

You want a hard habit to break, try giving up sugar.

So anyways - I think this forum has a limit for any given user to upload, unless links are posted to a different site that is hosting the photo. What you may have to do is delete some of the older photos in that "babe of the day" thread if you uploaded them instead of linking. Someone who actually knows how the forums works for sure would have to verify that though.

AND if THAT doesn't work, on the "babe of the day" thread, you may just have to describe what she looks like and we will just have to imagine. Now we have all "enjoyed" ourselves to desperate material before at some point (pics we drew, Princess Diana commemorative plate, those old morning workout videos, Sears catalog, that drag queen holding the cake that Bakon keeps posting...) but perhaps the most desperate is having to use our stupid imagination.

Well shoot, on that note maybe figure out real quick why you cannot post before something horrid happens.

• Like 1

c57f8294e5f10f89449fcaf6dda54f1b--male-b

What  A Bummer !!!!

I feel I have finally got a advantage.... My heart bleeds here Boo.!!!!!.....when we win those games...I can still show you a good slap...

Try post image....if a numpty like me can manage...a smart arse like you can...come - on....try harder...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jetblack said:

What you may have to do is delete some of the older photos in that "babe of the day" thread if you uploaded them instead of linking.

"Delete."  "Babe of the Day."  Does not compute.

Those delightful ladies have brought nothing but pure joy to this forum.

1 hour ago, Doreensfree said:

Try post image....if a numpty like me can manage...a smart arse like you can...come - on....try harder...

Yeah, I'll sort it out eventually.  Right now, it's cold and rainy outside so I'm kind of digging the whole self pity thing.

Hello darkness my old friend, technology kicked me in the sack again

In restless dreams I laughed alone, at gifs of monkeys using telephones...

• Haha 3

I hit my limit a while ago for using the new "load from your hard drive" feature so I now use a hosting site and link to that as JB indicated above. I tried to delete some of the content I had loaded direct from my hard drive but was unsuccessful. The only issue going that route is I have to go back in through edit and back out the http prfix that appears to the left of the meme or gif I've just posted. And yes, I agree. Posting without memes or gifs would be a little dull :)

• Thanks 1

Well, at least I can use "existing attachments."  A limited supply of random stuff I've posted here in the past.

There's John Wayne...

image.png

There's Borat...

image.png

And there's...Hey now!  How you doin'?

image.png

Boo, all I was saying was you may be out of personal storage space on the forum to upload and post more photos or gifs or whatever. I think we each have something like a 5 MB limit. It has nothing to do with what you post but how much that may be causing your troubles. At the bottom of the posting window when it says "Accepted file types gif, jpeg, jpe, jpg, png · Max total size 4.88MB", that might mean 4.88 MB worth of total uploads (unless one deletes some stuff to make room for new)

Marylandquitter may be the best one to ask to know for sure.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jetblack said:

Boo, all I was saying was you may be out of personal storage space on the forum to upload and post more photos or gifs or whatever. I think we each have something like a 5 MB limit. It has nothing to do with what you post but how much that may be causing your troubles.

Yeah, I knew what you were saying.  I was just being a smartass.

While I appreciate the advice, it's not really that big of a deal.  I tend to exaggerate things for an intended comedic effect.  If not being able to post some goofy shit I saw on the internet is the worst thing that happens to me this week, I'll count that as a good week.

• Haha 1

image.pngbaby spoon.gif

How do I express myself without pictures..

I reach deep down inside myself and give myself permission to feel…   to touch the feelings deep down that are hidden…  others may be able to see them, but I can’t see…   so HAVE to feel them.

My feelings are deep, they are sometimes nasty…. They are often scarey.  They hurt goddammit…   and how can I express that without the bloody pictures I like to paste out there in front of my face…

My mask, is so real to me….   I live with it over my face every day….  It is sewn on to my skin.

This mask covers my tobacco addiction and helps hold it close to me….. so I really need to let it be lifted off of me.  I need to struggle daily to hold this mask away from me and let myself breathe without it restricting me and what I do.

If I don’t do this, I know I will die with a mask on my face… and I don’t want that to happen.

SO WHERE'S MY TURKEY....   I'LL TAKE IT COLD.....   

Edited by Oldybutmouldy
  • Like 1