Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hi guys

Featured Replies

I'm scared but I can do this. Not really sure how this forum works because I'm on my phone. I don't have much to say but wanted to document this moment and say hi to you all and goodbye to this nasty habit.

Hi and welcome!!

 

Quitting can be a bit scary at first - ditching that old reliable addiction.

 

But Fear Not!  It is totally doable.  You may experience some uncomfortable moments, but you will get through them and learn that continuing to smoke is way scarier!!

 

My first suggestion is to read all over this Board!  There is so much information!

 

My second suggestion is to post often.  We have all been where you are and are happy to help.

 

My third suggestion is to play the Chicks and Sticks game.  It is a great way to get to know people and distract yourself.  :)  

Scared?

 

Of freedom?

 

<boggle>

 

Consider it documented.

 

Keep your hands and arms inside The Train at all times, secure loose items, fasten the safety belt and prepare for the ride of your life...

 

 

 

 

Easy Peasy

Hi Kelly...

Welcome aboard..so glad you have took a seat here....

The thought of quitting ..is much worse than actually doing it...

Read all you can here..knowledge..this is your weapon..

Stay close to the board..we will support you all the way in your journey..

Welcome, Kelly!  I was just talking to a friend yesterday morning about how many people can find just the thought of quitting smoking can be scary.  You're not alone.  I remember one attempt at quitting (before I was hooked up with a support group) and I was scared of what I thought the consequences of quitting were going to be.  How's that for addict speak? lol  Scared at the consequences of quitting smoking (yes, withdrawals are a consequence)?  That's like being scared at the consequences of wearing a respirator while working around asbestos. 

 

I was afraid of how wanting a cigarette was going to consume my thoughts.  I learned I was in control of this, not the crave so it wasn't an issue.

 

I was afraid of losing a friend; one that really was plotting my demise.  What a nice guy the Marlboro Man was!

 

I'll Be A Nervous Wreck Forever If I Quit Smoking

Video explores the fear that people have that they will become much more nervous when they quit smoking, and likely be more nervous the rest of their lives if they stay free. Despite these fears, most people become calmer as former smokers than they were when actually smoking. The video explains why this is usually the case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJBu7Bf3LpM&index=15&list=PL0F23FAFB942E402A

Good to meet you, Kelly!

I'm a newbie, too!  I guess we are on this train together.

Hey Kelly. Nope daily and commit to it, the victory is only a matter of time.

Welcome aboard Kelly and congratulations on setting yourself free.

 

No need to fear.  Smoking is a very simple process that yields great rewards.  The withdrawal symptoms, mental fog, and obsessive thoughts all pass in time.  When the fog clears, you find yourself feeling much better than you did as a smoker and you are free of the old ball and chain that is cigarettes.

 

You're giving up a deadly habit that does nothing but take from you in return for a new life of freedom and improved health.  Drive on!

Hi Kelley,

 

Congrats on the best decision!!! :)  You can do this with nothing to lose and EVERYTHING to gain!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.