Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Still having smoking dreams

Featured Replies

I have been having dreams where I cheat and smoke a cigarette, then go back for some more smokes and then I wake up. Very disturbing to think that my subconscience has not given it up yet.

 

It's been a month now, let's hope these dreams which have just begun, don't stick around too long

Better than dreams about golf. Both are long slow death but golf requires dumb clothes

I  think the smoking dreams can be a good thing.  For me...the dreams give me an opportunity to briefly feel how disappointed I would be about smoking again.  Then there is the great feeling when I realize it was only a dream.  Have a great day.

Better than dreams about golf. Both are long slow death but golf requires dumb clothes

I dream about all four.

 

Smoking. Golfing and smoking. Golfing and smoking in dumb clothes. Bacon golfing and smoking in dumb clothes.

 

I wake up screaming most nights...

I dream about all four.

 

Smoking. Golfing and smoking. Golfing and smoking in dumb clothes. Bacon golfing and smoking in dumb clothes.

 

I wake up screaming most nights...

 

FORE!!!!!!!!!

Supposedly, dreams prevent psychosis.  However, if you dream about about Bakon wearing ugly clothes while smoking and playing golf, a schizophrenic episode may be just around the corner.  Or you're afraid of clowns.

 

Dream analysis is an imperfect science.

I am 2.5 months in and the dreams have really picked up in the last few weeks. I hate them so much.

 

I've been struggling with quitting recently and I just want all these crazy craves/feelings/dreams to stop already. I'm working so hard to hold on to this quit. I was hoping by this far in I would be feeling better.

Well, I think we all understand that. Quitting takes time, and it's not usually "over" as fast as we'd hope. The good news is that it absolutely does get better and better until it's gone, but you're not there yet. I remember being where you are, and it was hard, but it started getting a lot better over the next month or so. As far as the dreams went, I *still* get the odd one even now, but I have mixed feelings about them - I hate the wave of guilt, but I love the relief that I haven't really smoked. 

 

Are you really not feeling better at all? Or just not as completely better as you'd hoped? Don't be too hard on yourself, and celebrate every victory as it comes, and soon this will all be like some strange unreal dream that you remember with a chuckle.

 

FWIW I think you're doing a fantastic job, and before you know it you'll be explaining all this to some other new quitter who just needs to give it a bit more time, and hang in there.

Don't over think things...

In my early quit ,I would question ..why is this happening...why has that happened...

Is it no surprise our bodies are out of sync.... We fed it poision for years and years...

Be patient...give your body time to heal and adjust...

What you are achieving is flippin Amazin... The magic will happen...

Dreaming won't kill you....smoking will....

Give yourself a massive pat on the back...

I haven't had a smoking dream in a long time.  I do remember them well though.  They felt so real. 

The other night I smoked a hand-rolled fat blunt of tobacco.

 

It was a little dry but very smooth.

 

After I awoke, I knew immediately I'd dreamed the entire thing as I never hand rolled ciggs.

 

Sooooo...I really can't say I've quit smoking.  

 

Upper management has issued the company wide non-smoking policy but the boys in the basement lack proper supervision.  

  • Author

The dreams have ceased since I started running every day, Wheww.

 

Talk about night mares on crack.

 

At least I'm not dreaming about BAKON playing golf naked, that would be much worse me thinks LOL

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.