Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sunshine - Going To Throw myself into The deep End!

Featured Replies

No not a swimming pool but a major Trigger

 

I like others here I know was dreading the summer as the fear of a trigger so today as its so sunny here I am going to face that head on today

 

I want to get this over and done with and move on!

 

I am going to stretch out a blanket, crank up the music and open a good bottle of wine

 

I will enjoy this and not fear it - I love the summer and nothing is going to ruin that or my quit!

 

I am in a strong place right now and feel this is a good a time as any

 

so here goes - I am jumping in 

 

 

 

Hi Tracy,

 

You can do it enjoy the sunshine. :)

Tracey, do you have any idea how awesome you are?!

Tracey...I think I can hear you singing from here :)

 

Enjoy

  • Author

Tracey...I think I can hear you singing from here :)

 

Enjoy

oh dear Dors sorry about that  :lol:

  • Author

Tracey, do you have any idea how awesome you are?!

no you is awesome  :P

take your top off while your there, go all out

Sunshine....I am looking at snow (again) there is sunshine somewhere sighhhh!

 

Have a good time Tracey......grab the bull by it's horns! :-)

Oh sweet jesus Bakon you have me nearly peeing myself bwahaha, ye Tracey do what you're told;)

Good woman chuck yourself in, I did the sitting out yesterday thing with my two smoking neighbours and I didn't smoke, was delighted with myself, I actually got fed up with their smoke blowing in my face so it was first time I hated cigs while I had a drink, well I only had one glass so things may have been different if I had more,

Just get stuck in misses and keep posting drunken shite, we'll help keep ya occupied xx

  • Author

take your top off while your there, go all out

top of the wine - off  ;)

  • Author

Oh sweet jesus Bakon you have me nearly peeing myself bwahaha, ye Tracey do what you're told;)

Good woman chuck yourself in, I did the sitting out yesterday thing with my two smoking neighbours and I didn't smoke, was delighted with myself, I actually got fed up with their smoke blowing in my face so it was first time I hated cigs while I had a drink, well I only had one glass so things may have been different if I had more,

Just get stuck in misses and keep posting drunken shite, we'll help keep ya occupied xx

wow sue that was brilliant and you were around smokers - good for you hun that really was a test xxx

 

im eating lots of olives, sun dried tomatoes etc - much better than stinking smokes - more wine - more olives ;)

getting any sun on those skeeter bites yet?

  • Author

getting any sun on those skeeter bites yet?

LMAO im guessing skeeter means mosquitos???

Hi Tracey...you know, I was dreading riding again this spring.  A lot of the guys I ride with smoke a lot, especially in the parking lot meeting up and during coffee breaks.  Gone on 4 rides now and I still haven't had a craving to smoke. Anyway, I know how strong your quit is....so I have no doubt that you will beat any and all cravings.  I firmly believe that when you stretch out that blanket and open that bottle of wine, that you'll feel even stronger in your belief that you are a non-smoker. :) 

  • Author

Hi Tracey...you know, I was dreading riding again this spring.  A lot of the guys I ride with smoke a lot, especially in the parking lot meeting up and during coffee breaks.  Gone on 4 rides now and I still haven't had a craving to smoke. Anyway, I know how strong your quit is....so I have no doubt that you will beat any and all cravings.  I firmly believe that when you stretch out that blanket and open that bottle of wine, that you'll feel even stronger in your belief that you are a non-smoker. :)

it helps knowing I have all you out there - but I also have to put some big pants on and do it alone - Ron you have already done 4 rides - you got this in the bag my friend cravings will come and go - I am having one right now - but the SOB wont beat me :) 

rode sunday- 80 degree, 70 miles, one woman there, wife picks her out as a cancer patient by her head wrap. they talk for little bit, breast also  but then she fires up a smoke, lovely....

 

today it was 70 at midnight, 9 am 37 degrees on way to 20's by noon and snow flurries, WTF?

 

your ride without smokes will be awesome.

Am I the only childish one here that keeps chuckling like a teenager when you say ride?

men and women do that together and sometimes a baby is made were I come from I.e one lad says to another lad well whats the craic did you score, did you ride her or did you get a ride out of her,

Sorry as you were.......

 

 

 

Pps please I need Irish heads to join desperately xxxxxx

  • Author

Am I the only childish one here that keeps chuckling like a teenager when you say ride?

men and women do that together and sometimes a baby is made were I come from I.e one lad says to another lad well whats the craic did you score, did you ride her or did you get a ride out of her,

Sorry as you were.......

 

 

 

Pps please I need Irish heads to join desperately xxxxxx

for the love of the craic

 

a friend of mine heard this this recently and said - no i dont do drugs - omg I laughed so hard  :lol:

Lol yep roide is how its pronounced allright;)

Roide sally roide ah the commitments was a great oul film!!!

rode sunday- 80 degree, 70 miles, one woman there, wife picks her out as a cancer patient by her head wrap. they talk for little bit, breast also  but then she fires up a smoke, lovely....

 

today it was 70 at midnight, 9 am 37 degrees on way to 20's by noon and snow flurries, WTF?

 

your ride without smokes will be awesome.

 

good to hear you rode bakon....but sorry to hear about that woman smoking.  some people just won't stop no matter what it does to them.

 

 

Am I the only childish one here that keeps chuckling like a teenager when you say ride?

men and women do that together and sometimes a baby is made were I come from I.e one lad says to another lad well whats the craic did you score, did you ride her or did you get a ride out of her,

Sorry as you were.......

 

 

 

Pps please I need Irish heads to join desperately xxxxxx

 

LMAO @ "sometimes a baby is made"!!!  No, not that kind of ride. 

 

Although, I used to smoke a lot after those kinds too...but don't anymore.  lol

^^^^rofl I'd say you've had a fair few offers to go for a roide;)))

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.