Lies

Nixter

So basically what I'm figuring out is that cigarettes and nicotine are big fat liars. For all those years they kept me at their beck and call by making me afraid. I was afraid to quit because I thought I wouldn't be able to have fun without a cig. LIE. I was afraid to quit because I thought it would be too hard. LIE. I was afraid to quit because I thought every day would be like day 1. LIE. I was afraid to quit because I wouldn't be "me" without my smokes. LIE!! I am telling you, I feel more joy at social situations than I ever have!! Why? Because I can concentrate on having fun instead of worrying when I can sneak outside for a cigarette. I physically feel soooo much better already. And I'm also really proud of myself. But I have to be honest and say I'm a little pissed that I was duped for so long. Anyway, I'm so happy to be a non smoker. Thanks for being here for me!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Spot on and how so many of us feel/felt.

It's actually much easier not to be smoker for so many reasons but the fact we held ourselves in that place seems strange to look back on.

Good for you Nixter! Moving forward and seeing the reality without the nicotine addiction weighing in is very enlightening to your quit. xx

Excellent post!   It is so much easier to navigate life free of an addiction that calls you out every 20 minutes.  I truly thought it could not be done and I would be miserable if I even tried.  Now 3 years later I cannot imagine that I ever spent that much time and energy feeding the monster.

• Like 2

Very true. I was so afraid to quit because I thought it would be like going through fire. Now it was tough but it was doable. I did go about my business while quitting and I did not die. All of the symptoms are gone now and I am a nonsmoker. No temptations. I think one needs to persist, power through the craves, day by day. The sayings, "smoking is no longer an option" or " not one puff ever" sound a little glib but they are very true and can be followed. Not one puff day by day until you get over the hump.

• Like 1

I haven't "met" you yet Nixter...but you sound like one smart lady :D ..With a few weeks under your belt, you already realize what the addiction can make us believe....You may still have some rough roads ahead, but knowledge is power...keep educating yourself and you will get through this happy and healthy! ;)

Your doing GREAT!

• Like 1

• 8 years later...